2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from here out at Boomvang on 7/14 in a Contender with twin 225's(it's what they looked like)?

If so, curious as to how you did. I was on the Dolphin on a 60 hr trip and we just started catching the YFT when we had to head in. We caught 4 tagged tuna in two nights at Boomvang and Nansen. Anyone else caught any tagged fish out there?

Ross

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not me although I wish it was. Are you going to give us a full report on the 60hr trip? What were the specifics on the Tag? Were they TX tagged or another state?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will give a full report soon. The only tag that I have info on was from a Blackfin that my friend caught. Tagged 31 days earlier by a kid name Chris. He is trying to win the Aftco award from the Billfishing Foundation(BF) for most tagged fish. I believe the fish was tagged nearby. The lady at BF said he was tagging a lot of fish. Pretty neat!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
a group of us from the allcoast board have tagged about 50 yellowfin in the boomvang, nansen, and auger spar area. hopefully we will have a boat for the poc gathering so we can tag a few more. if you tag 5 or more you get a tag flag from aftco. our tags were aquired through nmfs.....rick

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick,

I think that tagging is really neat. I am glad someone out there thought to tag Tuna to see what they are up to and how they move. For instance, 3 of the 4 tagged tuna had sequential tag numbers. Two of those were YF and 1 BF, hence these fish had been traveling together. It is cool to know that both the BF and YF were running together.

Ross

·
Registered
640 Posts
tagged tuna

I reported my tag and it was tagged by a kid named Chris. They were Billfish Foundation tags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts