2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Chris
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We fished Saturday morning with everyone else. Too many boats and not enough water movement at the spoil banks so we headed to soak some croakers at the jetty. We got to the South jetty, channel side at 8:00 and by 8:10 we had two trout to 4lbs. The bite slowed a bit when the wind picked up, we ended up with four trout, three undersided reds, and two sharks. The storms moved in and we moved out. Unfortunatly not soon enough. We ran smack in the middle of a crazy lighting storm, we rode the last part of it out at April Fools marina. We were glad to make it to the restaruant, that was by far the best beer i've ever had. What are you suppose to do when your in the middle of the bay like that with lighting everywhere, our poles were giving off that very worrisome buzz.

·
ZIP ZIP ZIP
1,892 Posts
I'm Bit said:
. What are you suppose to do when your in the middle of the bay like that with lighting everywhere, our poles were giving off that very worrisome buzz.
not be there
if I hear thunder Im out of there , I dont want to get struck by lighting

·
Not on call Steve!!
2,840 Posts
I would head in the opposite direction and go to shore to ride it out. The Outdoor Show on 610 AM over the weekend talked about these guys up in Trinity Bay a few years ago died due to getting struck by lightening. Oh, might want to set your poles down in the bottom of the boat.
Steve

·
www.southtexasfishandfowl .com
747 Posts
There was no where to run away from these storms. There was a big storm to the North and a big storm to the South. We left the channel just in time to beat the rain, but there were others that weren't so lucky. Our best bite on the channel was really early and then once the tide started ripping the bite shut down. We ended up w/ 16 trout between 3 of us. Friday was much better w/ 37 trout between 4 of us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts