2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to Eagle Point at 5:00 A.M. already a long line.You can't get there to early.
Flare on the rig was blaring.Probably could have tore them trout up last night over close to that if you could stand the noise.Could here it all the way to my house.Well eased out and headed for Dollar got on the spot right at daylight.Same as last Sunday caught 12 trout to 22" in about 2 hours then it stopped. Fished some mid bay reefs in deeper water,and smiths point nada. Water still looking good,85 deg. Til the storms hit, needless to say,that ended our fishing trip with a rough wet ride back wind howling.This morning the water was like glass, anchor rope never even got tight.What a change.Got back to Eagle Point to find 20 boats all trying to get out at the same time.Pulled up into an empty boat stall out of the weather,cleaned the boat and watched the show.Pretty enertaining to say the least.One guy hit his trailer 2 times into the dock and broke his lights off.Put some pics up as soon as my buddie emails them to me.Got to buy me another camera as mine got stolen out of my wifes car.Hopefully these storms won't mess it up to long.It has been a great year sofar.Tightlines

·
Haynie HO/Merc ProXS
797 Posts
I was out in West bay and just beat the storms in. Glad you got on some fish and made it in safe. It was one of the best mornings this year. Man, was it slick.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to amend my report. There were 13 trout. Found one in the fish box when I cleaned the boat. I guess I am going to have to find me some better deck hands. Still waiting on the photos also. Gotta get me another camera. Should of went this morning, thought it was going to rain all day.Ended up mowing the yard. Supposed to go out in the morning but it probably will be raining for sure. The trout are calling me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
you may want to try launching at this marina off of the levee road coming north from texas city dike. i think it is called dollar point marina and i've never seen it crowded. it may be a bit more of a drive for you, but it an awfully short boat ride out to dollar reef.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Not bad. I hate those rough runs back to the ramp that you get some times. It can be very fun to watching people at the ramp. On days when fishing is tough i sometimes think about bringing a lawn chair and just watching people load and unload.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts