2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say for instance a person, or I for instance, needed to properly, within all environmental and legal means wanted to get rid of approximately 65 gallons of 2-stroke oil / gasoline mix??

How would one go about doing that??

Here is the scenerio, up to 65 gallons of gas/oil mix, sitting for approximately 3 years..... I don't think I should try to use it...

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
I would use it in a lawnmower etc. Oil mixed in gas will not hurt a thing. I would burn it in my truck if i thought the gas was still good. Mix a liittle at a time with new gas like half tank to half tank.

Charlie

·
Registered
310 Posts
put it in gas cans and mix it with your gas in your truck five gallons at a time unless you have a bunch of money you want to spend on disposal fees.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mix it with new gas and burn it in your vehicles. Just a little extra lube for the valve guuides. Back when I mixed gas/oil, if it didn't get used in a few months, I burned it in my truck. I once burned 20 gals. of gas that had been sitting for 8 yrs. in a car my brother was given, 2-3 gallons per tank. Sure beats trying to dispose of it. Jack

·
Registered
933 Posts
CHARLIE said:
I would use it in a lawnmower etc. Oil mixed in gas will not hurt a thing. I would burn it in my truck if i thought the gas was still good. Mix a liittle at a time with new gas like half tank to half tank.

Charlie
Give that man a ceegar, just maybe a little less than half and half, but the lawnmower is the best idea. If is is a bit gunky, run it through a couple of layers of cotton towels.

Bogey

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gilbert said:
find some landscapers and tell them to get it out. I am sure they would use it.
I like this idea.....I think this would be the easiest fix and certainly the quickest. The heck with storing it and messing up my ride....just in case.

·
Premium Member
23,848 Posts
Running oil and gas in anything with a catalytic converter is asking for trouble. Gas will evaporate in any open container and with this heat, do that very fast.

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
get with a garage or a oil distributor for disposal. I like my Dixie chopper and other lawn tools and would not do that at all.

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have gotten rid of the gas, a buddy of mine has a tree trimming service and will use it in his chainsaws. BTW.... Luckily I only got 10 gallons out and pulled the sending unit for the gas gauge, roughly 3/4" in the bottom. Tomorrow I am going to try to blow the rest out with an air compressor..... Thanks for the suggestions!!!!

·
I'll keep my gun...You keep the change
10,507 Posts
tinyrogerd01 said:
I have gotten rid of the gas, a buddy of mine has a tree trimming service and will use it in his chainsaws. BTW.... Luckily I only got 10 gallons out and pulled the sending unit for the gas gauge, roughly 3/4" in the bottom. Tomorrow I am going to try to blow the rest out with an air compressor..... Thanks for the suggestions!!!!
Knowing you .....you wont need the compressor............lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts