2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Chest deep in the Blanco River
1,838 Posts
That's a fun catch. I find your bait interesting.

·
15,098 Posts
Thats a monster....................The ten biggest Drum in the world all came from the north east coast and all over a hundred pounds................That must be the place the bigguns roam...........great catch

·
Registered
496 Posts
There's a biological phonomenen(sp?) that I can't remember the name of that says that the largest specimens are found at the northernmost part of their range. This applies to many species of fish and some land animals(deer for one).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The biggest thing I ever caught on the Jersey coast was this Striped Bass back in 2002. I'm allot better looking now. ;)

It was 27 3/4 pounds.

Those drum are out there, but catching them is rare from the beach.

·
15,098 Posts
scrambler said:
There's a biological phonomenen(sp?) that I can't remember the name of that says that the largest specimens are found at the northernmost part of their range. This applies to many species of fish and some land animals(deer for one).
Its called Bergman's Rule and it only applies to mammals.

·
All my friends say.....
7,419 Posts
That is one big ugly. Just one inch from the TX state record. I would have guessed more than 60 pounds, but heck, that is a great catch.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Great catch! Sure is a big fish.

On another note, anyone ever tell you you look Mathew McConehay? (spelling is jacked)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
warcat said:
Great catch! Sure is a big fish.

On another note, anyone ever tell you you look Mathew McConehay? (spelling is jacked)
I'm the guy with the Striped Bass NOT the guy with the 60 pound Drum.

I've been told I look more along the lines of Mel Gibson. :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts