2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished 'secret' lagoon on Saturday afternoon got in water at 3pm out at 9 pm and almost carried away by the bugs. Here's the deal:

Threw white/chart ttkII and spook jr's all day. Lost large red right on plastic in my face about to net him about 15 min after I got there. Lost a large flounder right in my face on a plastic about to net him about 1 hr after I got there.

Made about half mile wade down the shoreline to find a submerged oil barrell...nice spot to take a rest and let my shoulder relax. About 530 I made my way back to the trout spot Ive done well at before, couldnt buy a freekin hit. Finally landed a nice 22" red on a bone spook jr....first red on top water. He practically inhaled the bait. This gave me more super juice to keep chugging...around sundown finally started getting trout hits...landed nice 20"er on white/yellow spook jr. Missed another solid strick and had a few other blow ups. Moon came up nice and I told myself I'd stay as long as possible...all alone..couple fish on stringer constantly tugging at me...and more mosquitos than I could take...finally chickend out and ran back to the truck! Adios and I'll post pics when I get them back.

A

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've tried to make myself wade fish during the night, but by yourself, too many things go "bump" and your mind starts playing games. I've chickened out myself after a little while everytime.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, left them in the truck and was only working out of those colors. I did have a dark colored spook jr that wasnt really working right...had a smack hit it in the surf a couple weeks back and threw off the action. Should have taken out the dark colored plastics too, especially with the moon and all.

I witnessed some reds NAILING rafts of mullet far beyond my reach...as I made my way to almost chest deep I chunked my lure (right before sun down) and a horse mullet made 2 leaps near me and the third came out of the corner of my eye and NAILED ME IN THE 4HEAD!...lost my balance and fell in the water but didnt dunk the reel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts