2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Second, is still the first place loser!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 6.5 Creedmoor rifle, and it came with maybe 75 very good brass and Nosler bullets. I don’t have powder or primers or any of the equipment to reload my own ammo. Do to the limits and unavailability of ammo on the shelf’s at the sporting good stores, I’d be willing to pay someone that has the equipment to reload a few boxes for me. As I mentioned I half of the material needs ( brass and bullets ). If anyone would be interested in making a few dollars, myself and my son ( his new gun ), would greatly appreciate it.

Btw. The gun is a TC Encore Pro Hunter with a 1:8 twist and a custom 26” MGM heavy barrel.

Jason

·
Trust me, I'm a professional.
639 Posts
The first thing that would have to happen is figure out THE load for it and there’s some work to do there. It would have to be headspace gauged and then figure out the powder charge so loading a bunch generic loads may actually shoot like ****.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Of the 4 components required for reloading, bullets and brass is relatively easy to come by these days. Powder is more difficult, and primers are virtually impossible.

What is the brass headstamp (I.e. mfg)? Does it have small rifle or large rifle primer pockets?
What type and grain are the Nosler bullets?

·
Second, is still the first place loser!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6.5 Creedmoor - Load data

Is there anyone out there can duplicate this load for me? I've got the Hornady brass & primers ready to go. I just need the other components. I had MGM Barrel in Utah make me a few rounds after they did a complete re-build on my rifle. And this what it likes.

Attachments

·
US Army Aviation NSDQ!
3,711 Posts
Is there anyone out there can duplicate this load for me? I've got the Hornady brass & primers ready to go. I just need the other components. I had MGM Barrel in Utah make me a few rounds after they did a complete re-build on my rifle. And this what it likes.
Keep an eye on hodgdons website. I saw staball 6.5 in stock the other week. It goes fast though.

The bullets... those are pricey(and on intergalactic backordered it seems). I’d try to find a substitute and see if you can’t make a good load work with them. I’d suggest trying to get your hands on the 130 Sierra gamechangers.

·
US Army Aviation NSDQ!
3,711 Posts

staball 6.5 in stock right now on powder valley. Says only a couple left.You might see this in time to snatch it up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I’d be happy to make this load for you in exchange for some large rifle primers. I have a out a half pound of staball left and a bunch of IMR 4895 that shoots similar. My name is Brian. 832-423-5661.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts