2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Reel Gambler
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter and friends were in need of some offshore action, so we made a run while the weather was so nice. My daughter was the only one who had much time on the big pond of her crew. So the plan was to...just to catch some fish…anything would do.

Lucrecia of course wanted to do battle with some Amberjack.. After catching a few baits we ran long. I had Lucrecia show them how we did it. It wasn't long before the frisky hardtail was grabbed by a 45lb class AJ and the fight was on! As hard as we tried we couldn't put another keeper in the box.

Even with it being their first time out deep they listened well to my instructions when we started fishing for snapper. I told them to set the hook on any decent "jerk" they had and the Trigger Fish started coming aboard! Triggers are tough little devil to hook at times, but not for these guys. We made some adjustments and the Red Snapper started going into the box.

While they were doing the snapper thing, I set some drift lines for Kingfish. Which were a bit finicky by the time we started fishing for them…but we managed to box a few before everyone was totally worn out. Our drift lines also produced some of the better snapper of the day too…for those who are taking notes! LOL

Attachments

·
Reel Gambler
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, but the pictures don't look to good....let try these..

Here is Lucrecia's AJ

My daughter's best snapper

The dock shot

What ever you do...never dare the guy on the left to do anything! One of the guys dared him to bite a squid into...he did and the other guy was over the side chumming!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts