2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished out of Galveston today. Ran out about 34 miles. Huge weed patches everywhere. Caught one triple tail off of them. We spotted several others but the boys had a hard time connecting. Moved over to fish around some rigs. Caught quite a few nice snappers and several kingfish. Found a large piece of foam half floating on the way home. Bailed up the triple tails there. Ended up with 13. A couple pretty good size. Did have some trouble with throw back snaps and sharks thru the day. Some very small chicken dolphin around the weed patches. A few pics of the day.

Attachments

·
Super Senior Member...
794 Posts
COOL, What did the TT's hit on?

·
Registered
609 Posts
great trip , cool pics....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Triple tail eating

I cooked four different kinds of fish last week from our trip on Monday, starting with Mahi, then spanish mackeral, then ling and the triple tails were last on Thursday. WOW! I think I am going to spend a little more time looking for these guys.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LILSTUDD said:
Nice catch. The seas still look good...someome posted that the seas had kicked up to 2 ft yesterday??
It kicked up in the morning a bit. I was out test running a boat today and it was all glassy again. Seems like I allways pick the one sorta windy day in between a bunch of nice ones. it was still calm enough for the crew to hit the beer hard all the way out and back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts