2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Duck removal service
1,034 Posts
Bad timing for me

I thought that was a great idea when it was discussed last year but it was just a bit too far for a Valley guy. Now that I'm up here I thought hot dam, I'm in! And then I pulled up the web site and saw that it was the 8th, my son's getting married on the 8th. I think that if I ever want to go anywhere again I better wait until next year.

G

·
I'm In

Andrew and Jerry,

Last year was my first Toy Run and the very first trip in my new boat (any who saw me docking it at Clark's in the 20mph breeze got a good laugh . . . ).

I highly recommend both this event as well as the POINT Fishing Tournament in the spring as trips to put on your calendar. Yes, they cost money and take time, but I can't think of a more worthwhile way to enjoy boating, good folks and helping those in need. I'll be there.

Bill

Attachments

·
Pimp
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Instigator said:
I thought that was a great idea when it was discussed last year but it was just a bit too far for a Valley guy. Now that I'm up here I thought hot dam, I'm in! And then I pulled up the web site and saw that it was the 8th, my son's getting married on the 8th. I think that if I ever want to go anywhere again I better wait until next year.
tell him sorry you couldn't make it, ut next time he gets married not to do it in December.
j/k

somene save room for me, looks like I'l be boatless this time, unless someone wants to tow my broke-***** boat to POC!

·
Old ******
4,418 Posts
Hope you can make it Chuck. Nothing else I do with my boat is as much fun as this event...even though it doesn't involve kingfish. Ask anyone who has made the trip and they will tell you all about the fellowship and fun, but what really keeps them coming back is the great feeling knowing you have helped so many kids to at least have a very merry Christmas.

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
Team Sponge said:
Robert, you are more than wlecome to ride with us. Just bring lots of toys.
Jerry
Thanks for the invite Jerry. It's a plan.
i will post up on the internal bulletin boards at Baker and get some extra donations.
Later

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
Team Sponge said:
Thanks Robert. We have found that placing toy donation boxes are effective also. Main thing is that they be new toys, for boys or girls ages 3 - 16.
I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Room On My Boat

dallasrick said:
will be there for sure. Am going to see who I can hitch a ride with, but will be loaded with toys this year.
Rick - you know you're always welcome on my panga. I've learned a few tricks since your last trip so things will be good. Call or PM me.

Bill

·
Old ******
4,418 Posts
I want to answer a few questions regarding the Toy Run. Each year we are asked these and an explanation is in order:

1. Is this a non-profit? No, we are not a non-profit organization. In fact, we are not an organization at all. We simply donate toys for the Adopt-An-Angel program and they are also not a non-profit...doing exactly the same as us. The kids get toys, we get nothing but the experience and a great party at Josie's.

2. What is the Adopt-An-Angel program? They are a group of ladies and gentlemen in Port O'Connor who provide a great Christmas for underprivileged kids and their families. They collect and provide the meal and warm winter clothes. We provide the toys.

3. What areas do we provide help for? Last year we donated enough toys to help kids in Port O'Connor, Seadrift, Port Lavaca and other surrounding towns. No child in need was turned down. This year we hope to expand the donations to cover even more of the coastal area.

4. What contitutes a child in need? They may be the family of a single mom, a family where the bread winner is out of work, a family with a critical healthcare issue, orphans, and lately a lot of them are the families of soldiers serving in Iraq or Afganistan. In any event...they are short of money and have no other source of funding for Christmas.

5. Do we give the toys to the children? No, we give the toys to the Adopt-An-Angel group. They wrap them and sort them by age group and sex. The toys are given out just before Christmas so that the children never know they came from anyone but Mom or Dad or the Foster Parent or the orphanage.

6. Are donations tax-deductible? No, as stated we are not an organization. Any donations should come from the heart.

7. Do we have to make the trip to donate? No, in fact we will come get any toys you donate if you just give us a call. However, we really would like to have you on the trip. You will love it.

8. Do the toys have to be new? We prefer that they be new but slightly used is okay.

Please feel free to PM me or Andy (Lordbater) with any other questions.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Thanks Jerry

Jerry,
Thanks for explaning to the 2-coolers that might not have known what the Toy Run was all about. This 150 mile trip does cost a fair amount,but believe me it will make you feel great, when you deliver the toys to the pick up trailers. I put a few dollars away every week starting now and you will never miss it. Besides Josies is a BLAST,and you can't get a better cause.
Lets see if we can get 50+ boats and have the POC people go get two more trailers. If you don't have a boat, put you name on this board and we will get you a ride.
Thanks again Jerry
Terry & Teresa

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Public Service Announcement:
there are some things that folks should know before doing the TOY RUN.

1: If you do not like having a great time, bring your tail down anyways, we will change your mind.
2: If you dont like seeing some of the Great State Of Texas Wildlife, thats OK too, Just close your eyes at certain times.
3: if you only dine at the finest establishments in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio or where ever, Take a chance, we experiance some of the best service anywhere in the state on these runs. And the food aint too shabby to boot.
4: If you are alergic to having a good time, what the heck, come on down, we will cure you of that also.
5: If you have a hard time handeling having warm and fuzzy feelings, thats ok too, you just cant help it waking up Christmas Morning, knowing that there are a ton of families having a great Christmas because of what a bunch of guys got together and decided to do again.
6: THIS IS IMPORTANT: If you have an addictive personallity, by all means, join us, you will want to be back every year after the first one.
I have had the honor of enjoying some of the best company, having the time of my life, and every morning getting up on Christmas morning, and thinking of all the kids with new bikes, dolls and toys, and I sit back, close my eyes and relish in the thought that I had some small part in this. We supplied toys for 180 kids last year, and folks, that aint too bad, but I would love to see that number double this year. If you can donate a few things, post up here, I will pick up any toys if needed. Since the beginning of this, every year it has larger and better, this year, with all the troops that are deployed, the need is going to be greater than before. I cant wait to see all of my old friends there, Terry and Teresa, Jason, Jerry anb Nevine, Bill etc..., but look forward to everyone else who makes this run for the first time, I guarantee, It wont be your last. Look forward to seeing everyony on this run, DallasRick

·
Kamikaze
4,529 Posts
TTT

Well, heck! How can I resist another trip across E. Matagorda Bay while a cold front is blowing through? I love it! I'll be there one way or another.

We really need the most exposure that we can get so print out the flyer and distribute it around your place of work, friends and family! Lets see what 2Cooler's are really all about! My guess from past experience is, they will never let you down!! Now lets get this thing in high gear and make some kids smile!!!

Also, I have accepted the opportunity to coordinate the donations this year. If you want to contribute but cannot make the trip, contact me and I will find arrangements to get your donation to POC.

Call me at 713 907-5122

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
we cant wait to this it again this year! Just make sure to read the signs! lol!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.