2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
I have exactly $599. to buy a digital camera for my college Art Dept. We will mainly use it for documenting artwork so close-up and resolution are important.
What should I order?
I have an old Cannon Rebel 2000 SLR with a 28-80mm lens BTW(not that that is important)

I need to do the P.O. this morning.

thanks,

kenny

·
In the Surf
665 Posts
With 600 dollars, I would order a canon 350 rebel xt (8 mp). It is a really good camera. Its not as good as the new 30d, but very similar to the 20d. But both of those run around $1000. Good luck

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
You can get a Canon S31S for that. Its a nice point & shoot camera, 6MP, that takes really good pictures. Nice features, easy to use. I'm still learning to use mine, but the first pictures I took were even better than I anticipated.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have the Canon S2IS and the S3IS is the higher MP version of it, it's an amazing camera that takes great pictures. And you can get as close as you want, including up to touching the lens for super macro pictures.

·
I can't see the Rockies from here !!
4,319 Posts
If it was me I'd PM Cutter and Rusty Brown and get their input also.
These guy's take some incredible photo's. Good Luck with what
ever you choose. Later Baker

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
if you want to get the best quality, you're gunna have to go with a camera with detachable lenses to fit each of your needs. Macro, eventually you could use for Zoom shots. Plus TONs of other adjustments that P&S camera's just don't have

1 - 7 of 7 Posts