2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody been using these in the surf lately. Picked up a few from academy and wanted to give them a try. I have been doing really good on assasin but I'm always wondering if something is working better. Also how are guys working these?

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
302help said:
Has anybody been using these in the surf lately. Picked up a few from academy and wanted to give them a try. I have been doing really good on assasin but I'm always wondering if something is working better. Also how are guys working these?
most excellent surf bait.

just twitch it along with a steady retrieve. mix it up until you find the right pattern.

cast right into pods of mullet and hold on.

·
Banned
906 Posts
I use them in the bay with quite a bit of sucess, and hear that they are THE bait in the surf. They actually work themselves. If you crank them fairly quick they swim on thier own. Sometimes I use the "walk the dog" action on them also. They will jerk back and forth under water and it gets the ball bearing going.

·
Banned
214 Posts
The 32M-21, Scaled Sardine mirro-lure is about the BEST lure I have now. It has more of a shad shap and is totally deadly. You can't find them in any store in our areas. I have to order them on line from miiro lure. Yesterday in the surf, I had to work my lures VERY slow.....reel...let drop...reel...let drop. Trout were hitting on the drop...but not running till I set the hook. Just try different retrieves. You will have a favorite...but each day could be different.

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,502 Posts
One of the best surf baits. I have had great success with several different patterns of 51MR's. I have also lost many, many 51MR's in the surf to something! I never saw the fish so it could have been sharks, jacks, big trout, big spanish mackerels, who knows. That is part of the beauty of fishing the surf, you never know what's next! Good luck.
302help said:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I chunked one of those a few weeks ago, the pink/chart one (Electric Chicken) and though I didn't catch anything I really liked the feel and action of this little twitch bait.

Almost have to use spinning gear to cast it since they are so light.

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
shead said:
I chunked one of those a few weeks ago, the pink/chart one (Electric Chicken) and though I didn't catch anything I really liked the feel and action of this little twitch bait.

Almost have to use spinning gear to cast it since they are so light.
Get a 50MG Chronarch..loaded it with 10-40 Power Pro...stick it on a Laguna Rod of your choice...and you can fling as far, possibly further than a Spinner....

I can anyway..

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
shead said:
Gotta go with what us poor folk can afford, LOL ;)
Aww man...you making me feel bad...

I am just as poor as the next guy...I had to sell 80 pints of blood, and eye, and kidney...just to get my set up...

Maybe you just aren't dedicated enough????..LOL..

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
They say that thing imitates a glass minnow. I saw some bait fish on a reef that looks just like the thing but it wasnt a glass minnow. Is there such a thing as a rain minnow. If so is it different from the glass minnow?

Biggie:biggrin:

·
Registered
137 Posts
jabx1962 said:
Maybe you just aren't dedicated enough????..LOL..
Naawww, I just sold a chunk of my gun collection to buy a boat, so I'm sacrificing too. I sold a kidney, eye and a lung and mortgaged my heart and other kidney for guns back in the day. LOL!

One of these days I'll get me a top notch rod and reel, in the mean time I'm doing well to toss stuff with a Ambassadeur 6600C4 and so far its worked well. I have a Pflueger that chunks those little mirro minnows pretty well, but if it get salty they say it'll lock up tight. I laugh in the face of salt, heh. Living on the edge! WOO. LOL

Good grief, I'm acting as if I finally fit in here or something. :)

On topic tho' I'll see if I can whip one of those little minnows about tonight if I can't get 'em biting on anything else.

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Bigwater said:
They say that thing imitates a glass minnow. I saw some bait fish on a reef that looks just like the thing but it wasnt a glass minnow. Is there such a thing as a rain minnow. If so is it different from the glass minnow?

Biggie:biggrin:
Biggie..

I caught some nice fish on it in Matagorda about a month ago...it seemed to match the creel size...

For a small lure....it suspends very slow...it make's fishing in the grass easier....

I have even caught a flounder on it.....

I am gonna keep fishing it hard, until I figure it out...

It is easy to cast into the wind.....and hardly makes a splash going into the water..

The lures are very flashy...

·
Registered
137 Posts
jabx1962 said:
shead....

Where you going tonight?....

We are hitting the surf after work...
Thinking of hitting the surf around the Flagship or maybe down off the rocks a little west of there. Won't be there until 7 or 8, so I'll be doing a little evening fishing bare-bones style before going on back home around 10.

If you see a guy in a fedora-like hat and a brown shirt driving a black Ranger, that's me.

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
shead said:
Thinking of hitting the surf around the Flagship or maybe down off the rocks a little west of there. Won't be there until 7 or 8, so I'll be doing a little evening fishing bare-bones style before going on back home around 10.

If you see a guy in a fedora-like hat and a brown shirt driving a black Ranger, that's me.
We will be around there as well..I will look for you..

I have a black ZR2 4x4 with too many stickers on the back glass....

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Harvey/Mary, Marburgers carries the 32 mr's. Oshman's used to before they changed to Sports Authority. If you are ever in Corpus Roy's carries em down there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts