2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bantam,

Are the handle side plates on the 50mg and scorpion 1000mg the same.. It is usually easier to get parts for the 50mg here in the states, but today my scorpion broke.. so i need the entire handle side sideplate...

Thanks

Thomas

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
The side plates should be the same. I am not 100% positive about the Scorpion since it uses the 4x4 braking system. The handle side should be identical.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bantam,

Thats what i thought...

Do you ever see part 15 on the MG's break...The threaded part is what broke on mine.. However, i dont know how it broke..

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
chronach 50mg

i need to know if its okay to use it for saltwater fishing...i would use it for wade fishing..if it can be used for saltwater fishing..after the trip..how would i clean it??? cleanse with water?? or have to break it down and clean it inside after every trip?? any help would be appericated..
Ryan

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you DUNK It, break it down and clean it gooooood..

Before you use it at all, open each side and treat with corrosion X...

Alot of discussion has come on this before, Ive already had one reel erode away from corrosion and had to replace the frame.. Since, i corrosion x all MG's

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I agree with Texxan1 100%. I gave my 50mg a good rub-down with corrosion X and used ReelX on the bearings and no problems so far.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
Texxan1 said:
Do you ever see part 15 on the MG's break...The threaded part is what broke on mine.. However, i dont know how it broke..
I'm not sure which part that is since I do not have the Japan schematics. I have not seen any parts break really on the 50Mg. I have seen issues from corrosion cause the spool access become frozen. The user tries to get the piece to come free and it breaks.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No corrosion on my reel... The side plate broke where the spool tensioner threads are.. Ive never seen that happen with ANY REEL.

I found the part, had to order it from Japan.. Alot cheaper than using a 50mg part

1 - 8 of 8 Posts