2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know if its okay to use it for saltwater fishing...i would use it for wade fishing..if it can be used for saltwater fishing..after the trip..how would i clean it??? cleanse with water?? or have to break it down and clean it inside after every trip?? any help would be appericated..
Ryan

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
before you use it at all rub it down with corrosion X. If you end up dunking the reel while fishing break it down completely afterwards and give it a good clean. That's how I've been handling mine and it's worked well so far.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Jake said:
before you use it at all rub it down with corrosion X. If you end up dunking the reel while fishing break it down completely afterwards and give it a good clean. That's how I've been handling mine and it's worked well so far.
could someone explain in detail how to do this?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
unscrew the side cap and spray lightly the corrosion X on the body and rub it around the frame good with a paper towel. on the crank side just open it up like normal and repeat the process.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
Be careful using Corrosion X on the gears and drag. The Corrosion X will break the grease down and cause premature failure. Do not get any of it on the drag or it will be ruined.

If you do get the Corrosion X on the gears then you will need to relubricate them with our grease.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts