2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and a buddy hunted these hogs from the ground on a perfect wind and good rain. they came out about 10 trds and we opened fire on them getting 5 of 10 glad we stopped it was not fun cleaning them in the rain on a tailgate. was very happy to get the big girl she has been slipping past me for 2 seasons now.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Awesome job. Now that is getting after them. I love those foul weather hunts, they are usually the best hunts for some reason.

·
Deadeye McGee
3,312 Posts
Congrats!

Good job! Those are some healthy porkers, must be in their family tree! The big sow in front will be good for smoked hams and/or grinding into sausage! The best thing is during this time of year they have few or even no ticks and fleas so dressing them out is not a pain-only some work!

·
Buzzards gotta eat! same as worms!!!!
2,944 Posts
WTG.....good job..

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hogs

Let me know when to fire up the smoker pit neighbor! Did you give that 223 a work out, or what did you take them with? Whatever you used, it did the trick. Good job! B

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me know when to fire up the smoker pit neighbor! Did you give that 223 a work out, or what did you take them with? Whatever you used, it did the trick. Good job! B
they were taken with buckshots had to warm the old 12 in for the morn. heres a few from tonight.

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
Now I think that I might have to plan on some evening/night hunting at the least after Christmas! Tracks everywhere around our stands, but they never come out until after dark.

Those are just the right size to throw a quarter or half on the pit!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts