2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
Joined
·
2,323 Posts
wow .. if i lived closer i'd sure as hell be willing to try and get it floating ... i'd love to have a boat that size
 

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
Joined
·
2,323 Posts
Gary said:
55 gallon drums and an air compressor. Nothing too it.
hehe .. my thoughts exactly
 

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
Joined
·
3,926 Posts
You could make a Bladder tank & float it up..

Just borrow Gary..hes full of hot air

Sorry Bro..I Couldnt resist the temptaition..Lmao

Gary said:
55 gallon drums and an air compressor. Nothing too it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: w_r_ranch

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,396 Posts
I would not even know how to get that out.

I would probobly call a heavy duty wrecker service and try to use some of those air bags in the cabin and on each side of the boat and somthing tie them so it can lift the boat.
 

·
Old School
Joined
·
28,538 Posts
RubenZamora said:
I would use a air and a pump to pump out water as its rising. Man for free, I'd at least attempt something.
No kidding! After all, it's a Grand Banks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,211 Posts
Ok so how many of you have contacted this guy?
 

·
Old School
Joined
·
28,538 Posts
Bobby said:
Ok so how many of you have contacted this guy?
I think it's a bogus listing Bobby! I just dont fall for anyone giving away a teak hulled Grand Banks because it sank. I bet the listing is bogus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
766 Posts
I have a 70HP on a light aluminum hull that barely gets 6, but then again, he's only going 7 knts. Tried the 55 gallon drums with an air compressor before to raise a 29 foot sailboat. It's not as easy as you would think. I think I'd try airbags next, but securing them under the hull is difficult, and we almost rippped a cabin off tring to inflate drums inside a boat cabin - turns out boat's aren't mean't to be lifted by it...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
688 Posts
fishingnotcatching said:
I have a 70HP on a light aluminum hull that barely gets 6, but then again, he's only going 7 knts. Tried the 55 gallon drums with an air compressor before to raise a 29 foot sailboat. It's not as easy as you would think. I think I'd try airbags next, but securing them under the hull is difficult, and we almost rippped a cabin off tring to inflate drums inside a boat cabin - turns out boat's aren't mean't to be lifted by it...
I bet it gets 2 gal to the mile at best, Yachts just don't get good mpg even @ 7 kts.

I was on a 78" hatteras going 13 kts from Ft Lauderdale FL to Port Lucaya, Freeport, Bahamas and back. 160 mile round trip-----> 1000 gal of fuel.

6.25 gal per mile. :eek:
 

·
RIP Sandollr
Joined
·
2,526 Posts
Gary said:
I think it's a bogus listing Bobby! I just dont fall for anyone giving away a teak hulled Grand Banks because it sank. I bet the listing is bogus.
Gary, it is not bogus and has been donated to CajunBob and me to help us get our military fishing program off the ground. There has also been a company step up that has a barge, crane and manpower....also free.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top