2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, out of the box the thing is HORRIBLE at Mike's.

Tires - don't work
Suspension - like a rock

It's like trying to drive a bouncing basket ball.

I changed to my Pro-Line BowTies. These are mounted on stock wheels which may cause some goofy offset issue, but they worked. Noticeable difference.

I moved my shocks, both front and rear to the outter most holes on the lower arms to counter act the severe body rolling and subsequent attitude change that it was doing. This seemed to help but made the front end very stiff. Bounce city!

So at the suggestion of Thomas Wells I went to a 30 wt oil in the front, and eventually moved back in 1 hole on the lower to soften the front up. This made it a bit better still.

It still seems very rough and bouncy and just overall unpredictable.

The platinum edition includes a center diff and sway bars. I'm wondering if these may be needed items.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also the truck comes with a 13t pinion gear, but includes an optional 18t. The 13 is just way too slow at Mike's. I put the 18 on and I'm thinking that another tooth or two may still be needed.

·
Mike Garrett
328 Posts
Good info Guff. I've played with mine a little, hasn't been on the track yet. I was curious about the suspension as it does seem stiff.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i dont have a slash but you may want to check the diffs, if they only have grease fill them with silicone diff oil! i would try like 30,000 or 50,000 in the front and like 20,000 or 15,000 in the rear, also i think losi 1/10th springs will fit the shocks! They made it to just play with so you are going to have to just try stuff until more people post race setups! But the diff oils will help with settling done the car and power transfer!

·
Registered
231 Posts
You need sway bars to get the shocks soft enough for the truck to work without rolling in the corners. The truck i was driving had them and i could carry much more speed than anyone thru the corners. I am not sure about the center diff but if i had a choice i would run one

·
Registered
272 Posts
I placed a bunch of stuff on back order but their is nothing available yet! But swaybars are a must! i should get some platinums in tomorow maybe i can come up with something that would work for you!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oohhh..heating up in here.

Hey Phil, you going to have to keep bringing in hired guns for your truck to win?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I will be their to help call the races so all you guys get to battle it out! I would like to take a slash 4x4 for a spin to see if i can help with the setups on it! If anyone wants it!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm open for suggestions! I do agree with Thomas though, I think the sway bars will be a necessity.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts