2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's coming guys, I think we should iron out some rules or something.

Phil's Ofna was very fast, it blew away the 2wd's and ran times close to 1/8 scale. My 4wd Slash should be here this week.

It was mentioned that you could take a 1/8 buggy and modify a CORR body to fit and voila!

Will this be allowed?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would say to keep the 1/8 seperate from 1/10.

Keep it to only Corr type and designed vehicles, no b44 etc.

Limit to 2s lipos of 6 cell nimh. Require Corr truck bodies. Im open to whatever Corr tires, but have to be corr design(2.2/3.0 wheels). I do however like to keeping tire selection to realistic tread pattern.

·
PDiddy
1,828 Posts
Funny...before the truggies that we know of today arrived, people used to take 1/8 buggies and use it in the monster truck class and claim it was a monster truck because it had a monster truck body.

I think it is wise that this discussion happen sooner rather than later. Where there are rules, there are people waiting to find the loop holes. LOL!

PD2:cool:

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
yep, it does beg to be wondered if someone could rationalize "Corrizing" a 1/8th buggy. Heck I have already looked at putting 1/8th buggy tires and a buggy body on the 4x4 slash and running it as a 1/8th buggy for the light weightiness and possible agility (the demensions are valid actually). But figured it would be too frail. Others are planning to do that to including Traxxas Team drivers so they can finally run 1/8th buggy while representing Traxxas.

On video these things look like they will run times close to 1/8th as it is. So, knowing that it is similar to 1/8th buggy with a coor body sorta takes the "uniqueness" away from it. I agree with what the other guys said here. Keep it dumb down and stock. If it gets to close to the "feel" of other classes it will dilute itself out of existence before it ever got a real chance.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fast buggy guys run 28 second laps. I'd say most average guys run 30 second laps. Phil..even with his 'opening night problems' was turning 32 second laps. This was on a small diameter tire. So yeh, the lap times are close.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The 2S battery limitation will fix it. An 8th conversion will be too heavy to run on 2S batts. Also limit it to short course tires. All else should be fine. :D

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
The 2S battery limitation will fix it. An 8th conversion will be too heavy to run on 2S batts. Also limit it to short course tires. All else should be fine. :D
+1

2S or 7-cell NIMH will level the playing field.

I would leave tire choice open.....IMO

·
Registered
117 Posts
2cell SC tires 1/10 Electric stuff and a SC body..No 1/8 they all ready have a class.
Agreed with above.

Phil, we on for tomorrow? SCRT is built, body gets paint tonight. I'll be there rain or shine tomorrow. Need to get some shake down runs in and optimize gearing.

Chris

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Agreed with above.

Phil, we on for tomorrow? SCRT is built, body gets paint tonight. I'll be there rain or shine tomorrow. Need to get some shake down runs in and optimize gearing.

Chris
Yep I'll be there. I have mine running sweet now..I'm going to play with shock oils tomorrow.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No racing for me this Saturday :eek:hwell: The Jammin had a kingpin srew come loose which in turn lost the kingpin bushing. No one in Houston has one and I won't be getting them from Ofna until next week. Lesson learned, locktight EVERY screw!

I called Mikes and it appears they are closed today. Unless by a small miracle Mikes has one when they open Friday? or something I can fab to work temporarily...it'll have to be next time.

Bummer

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
No racing for me this Saturday :eek:hwell: The Jammin had a kingpin srew come loose which in turn lost the kingpin bushing. No one in Houston has one and I won't be getting them from Ofna until next week. Lesson learned, locktight EVERY screw!

I called Mikes and it appears they are closed today. Unless by a small miracle Mikes has one when they open Friday? or something I can fab to work temporarily...it'll have to be next time.

Bummer
Before i switched to pivot balls, I used to note that those kingpin bushings were sorta universal amongst many cars. have tried seeing if a few other brands fit in there?

·
Registered
90 Posts
So I assume this is an open class??? Are people gonna gripe if I run a bug body in sc 4x4.... The main reason I want to is because the stock body and most others are way to thin and brittle. The bug body is nice and thick and can take the abuse I plan on inflcting. Lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
One of the nice things about the SCT class is that it's closed wheel racing which translates to less tangles.

I think the bug body offers some advantages over the standard truck bodies as well. Less weight, they tend to right themselves better when upside down because of how round the roof section is. However I think the biggest advantage is no tire rub which reduces drag when bottoming.
I can raise the body of my SCT so there is no tire rub, the downside of that is it raises the CG of the truck significantly.

So I do think that body does have advantages, enough to rule them out? That I'm not sure. I'll let others chime in to see if there is a consensus.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It should be open to mods within the Corr truck body. If you want to run open wheel create a class. Slash/Corr trucks are closed wheel.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts