2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
YUM-YUM...wish I had me a few in the freezer....

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
i wish i had room in my freezer for more , this trip was non stop action, dink trout all on top . every cast that made it to the bottom was a flat fish they were stacked on top of each other it was a really good trip.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
That is a great catch on rod and reel! I like to see that!!!

What was the bait of choice? I may go tomorrow?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
norton bull minnow blk/chrt , we lost about as many as we landed . i won't disclose location but i will say find a nice point with plenty of bait , hit it on a fast falling tide and hold on!!!! the 14 that we caught today were all in a spot no bigger than a small car. i swear they must have been stacked 2 deep all the way across the point.

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
Those fish look like they have been eating -- nice and fat. What a nice haul for this time of year. I just love to catch flounder.

Would the front side of Dana's Cove be a good place to look for stacked up flounders or is it too shallow? I don't wade much and wanted to start somewhere easy and sandy and I can access it through the Park.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
i'm not really familiar with tha area on your chart . the best advice i can give you is to find some bait (small mullet , shad) when the tide starts to run out find the closest point and watch how the bait fish travel around the point. if the flatties are there you will know . always try to swim your lure in the same direction as the bait that is getting sucked out with the tide (it's more of a natural presentation ) .

·
Banned
29 Posts
nice "report"... ummm, galveston bay? west bay ? east bay? No need to reveal the exact honey hole, but a general vicinity would be helpful and informative to this fishing report.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice Box of Fish!!!!

Seeing that reminds me of fishing a freshly flooded SAB the flounder stack up in a very small area! I used a Plum/Char bull minnow.

Great Job!

That is fishing outside the BOX!

·
Registered
101 Posts
1/2 sheet

14 flatties covering up a 1/2 sheet of plywood --beautiful sight!
Thks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts