2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
El jefe
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my uncle has given me a .41 mag i don't know anything about them , can you get shells , can you shoot deer , hogs out to 50 +/- yards any ideas as i want to shoot it and not just let it site in a gun safe !

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,581 Posts
Shells - Yes

Deer, Hogs to 50 yards - Yes

I had one years ago but couldn't justify it against the .44 Magnum so I swapped it for something else.

Go to Carter's or somewhere and get some shells and see how it shoots.

TH

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Trouthunter is correct. I have owned several and taken a couple of deer with them. They drop like a rock if hit well. I like the 41 better than the 44. I reloaded my own ammunition so I was able to shoot a lot more with them. Ammo is avilable at many places. What kind of pistol did you get? The Rugers can really handle some heavy loads, although I always liked the mod. 57 Smith the best.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I bought a Taurus titanium,ported barrel....thought it was the finest I ever had....till one day at the lease I whipped it out to shoot a hog...neglected to put in my ear protectors...I thought someone had pierced my ear drums with a hay needle...PAIN<MAJOR> PAIN...about that time my son showed up and wanted to know what was going on...after I explained so he popped off a round with it...and tears came to his eyes.....same cause...that is beyond a doubt the most piercing explosion I have ever loosed....sold it at the next gun show and bought a 45 LC...

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have the S&W and wesson model 57 with Pacmyer grips and have owned it for qt least 15 years and have taken hogs deer and alot of targets with it. My brother in law has one of the same and he does the reloading for both and the 240gr hollow point shoots the best along with the 180gr soft pt. I had a scope on mine for awhile and had it sighted in a 100yrds and it was very accurate. I like it much more than the 44mag less recoil and a faster bullet and flater at long distance.

·
Tell yo momma and them how she durren...
922 Posts
backlashingcooger said:
about that time my son showed up and wanted to know what was going on...after I explained so he popped off a round with it...and tears came to his eyes.....same cause...
LOL....What did he expect?.....Man that is funny.

·
Registered
435 Posts
.41 mag is a good choice for hunting. On whitetail and hogs, 100 yrds shots have sufficient power to take them down. reloading is the way to go do to super high cost of all ammo at this time. Hornady XP 180's work well with deer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts