2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which beaches can you ride 4 wheelers on? Can they be ridden on Quintanna, Sargent, and Matagorda beaches. Bought my daughter a new 4 wheeler for her B-Day and she wants to ride on the beach. Thanks for any info. And we won't be tearing up any dunes before that gets started.

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
none, beaches are considered roads and unless they are inspected/tagged like a motorcycle, they are illegal

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen alot in Sargent when we go fish the cut. Some are rigged out with rod holders and tackle.

·
Trust Friends... but still cut the Cards
427 Posts
You can ride all you want at San Luis Point... that is where I take my son to ride. Legal and lots of trails... well - there used to be lots of trails :eek:hwell:

·
Lazy Member
108 Posts
I used to see them on Bryan Beach, but then they put up signs that they aren't allowed. The signs are probably gone, but I am sure the rule is still in place.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Unfortunately, if it's fun, they'll make it illegal.

As a kid, we rode Matagorda beach and the pennisula on 3-wheelers. A cooler and rod holder were all you needed to explore the surf and bayside of all the islands. We didn't cause any problems and the only person we normally saw was the occassional helicopter pilot flying the beach.

·
Registered
819 Posts
It is not legal at SLP.
Scott

USMCBay said:
You can ride all you want at San Luis Point... that is where I take my son to ride. Legal and lots of trails... well - there used to be lots of trails :eek:hwell:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts