2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Just got back from the weighin.

Get Reel took the winning Marlin with a 101.25", 382# Blue.

The Elissa, sporting most of the crew from Cypress Cove took 1st place Yellowfin Tuna with a 62#er . First Tourney entry and placement for Elissa.

I'll post some pics later.

Congrats to all!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks for the info. Any idea of where the fish was caught? I'm sure that there were several boats that tagged and released a few over the 2 day period. Did they have a release division? Just curious who tallied the most releases.

·
Registered
403 Posts
i saw the fish it would have been nice if they would kept a little more ice on the thing make at least look like they were keeping it edable. we asked the guys from the Rivera that caught it and they said around Cervesa. talked to another guy down at brige harbor that went out thursday and came back sat they caught two blues at ~250 in that area also.

Justin

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Carp,

I agree, the Marlin was not being handled correctly to remain in edible condition.
BTW, Marlin is not very good table fare, at least what I tried a couple yrs ago was not.

I didn't hear any talk of where the KILLED marlin was taken.

Blue Water Roughneck,

There were many boats that came back in waving the Marlin CTR flags, not sure if they were in the video and release pot or not.

Elissa's YF came from Gunnison. They also loaded the coolers on BF and most were in the 20# range, nice size for BF

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you think they are hurting it?

TexasDux said:
Carp,

I agree, the Marlin was not being handled correctly to remain in edible condition.
BTW, Marlin is not very good table fare, at least what I tried a couple yrs ago was not.

I didn't hear any talk of where the KILLED marlin was taken.

Blue Water Roughneck,

There were many boats that came back in waving the Marlin CTR flags, not sure if they were in the video and release pot or not.

Elissa's YF came from Gunnison. They also loaded the coolers on BF and most were in the 20# range, nice size for BF

Here are some pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts