2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
fishes with calcutta
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I married my high school sweetheart 37 years ago today. We've raised 5 kids, ages 35 to 12 years, and now have a crop of grandchildren to play with. I'm getting old and worn out now but I'm thinking I'll make it to our 50th anniversary if she doesn't run me off.

·
Yep...
752 Posts
Congratulations

·
Why knot?
1,607 Posts
Congratulations, that is no small feat in this day and age.

Rick

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
TomCat said:
I married my high school sweetheart 37 years ago today. We've raised 5 kids, ages 35 to 12 years, and now have a crop of grandchildren to play with. I'm getting old and worn out now but I'm thinking I'll make it to our 50th anniversary if she doesn't run me off.
Marrying the high school sweetheart ... how cool.

My wife and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary last month. We started dating the day after she graduated highschool. I was an older man, I had finished my first year in college. We dated for 7 years before we got married. Thanks for posting ... and best wishes.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Congratulations!! That is quite an achievement these days. Heree's to you and your bride for ANOTHER 37 years.....

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Congratsulations we are on number 38 right now. 10-10

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Congratulations on your anniversary and the large family. Well done. I think the Mrs. and I are at our 37th.or 38th.

·
Mid-Life Crisis in the Works
1,306 Posts
Congratulations. That is quite an accomplishment this day and time.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
congrats! I know it hasn't always been easy - I married my high school sweetheart 42 years ago - but as long as they'll put up with us, we need to do whatever we can to make them happy. These young folks these days need to understand that it isn't always "me, me, me". Hope you make that big 50.

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Congratulations, Tom...IT CAN BE DONE !!! LOL...we passed that '50th' mark about six years ago...and MY high-school sweetheart is just as beautiful today as the day we were married...Just keep paddlin' and you may catch us...LOL

Ol' Jim

(As far as the "running me off" part...I don't think you got much to worry about there. Pretty sure she don't wanna go thru 'breakin' another one in'.):D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts