2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pound for Pound the most toughest animal in Texas .338 lapua to the shoulder and still ran 100 yards......time to make that sausage
Plant Hunting Military camouflage Sky Tree

Head Hunting Deer hunting Trophy hunting Plant
Plant Terrestrial animal Grass Tail Herbaceous plant

Hand Finger Gesture Thumb Insect

Insect Arthropod Pollinator Finger Pest

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good job !

I highly recommend Smittys Smokehouse in Tomball for smoked sausage links...

Yeah I'm thinking about M5 or Arnold's right now but it's still up for debate I had a post asking about recommendations and that's where I'm at still trying to decide

·
Registered
871 Posts
Congratulations on the kill!
Did you use an outfitter? If so, mind sharing with who?
Kind of far from you, but Hiblers in Kingsville probably does more Nilgai than anyone around.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations on the kill!
Did you use an outfitter? If so, mind sharing with who?
Kind of far from you, but Hiblers in Kingsville probably does more Nilgai than anyone around.

Lomas Chicas outfitters

I actually took my hide to hiblers to get tanned and turned into a rug.......just didn't want to have to drive back to pickup my meat.....

·
Play Deep
3,659 Posts
Yes they are my passion. Killed my first in 89… been at it religiously - my next will be the century mark. Shot two different bulls bulls sleeping -

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes they are my passion. Killed my first in 89… been at it religiously - my next will be the century mark. Shot two different bulls bulls sleeping -
That's pretty dam good I remember once walking up on a bull sleeping unfortunately jumped him not knowing he was there at less than about 20 yards it sounded like a wrecking ball going through the brush when he got up and ran .....what ranch do you hunt ?

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bullet placement for Nilgai isn't shoulder shot...hit right behind(like arm pit area). They are tough animals as is, so shoulder shot run 100yd....you will get that. However, nice animal
Retired USMC
Guide insisted I shoot straight up the front leg in the lower half of the body so I did and it died

1 - 17 of 17 Posts