2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
I like that "cookie dough" one!

dont' take this the wrong way but take a good look at the natural cork & tell me what you see thats very different from the other two.
Is this one of those things where you have to stare at the picture until you see a lion or something??

I suck at those!

Apparently if you look long enough there's a waterfall in this picture

·
Registered
643 Posts
I C

Hmmm, at least I know now that I'm not the only one seeing a waterfall. I C the exact thing Owen, BTW I suck at the guessing game too. Different looking reel seat on one of the pix. But to be honest I C the waterfall. BTW Cool rods, simple but Cool.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Ok,
Here is what I'm talking about but first, this is just an observation and not a critique. In fact, I have a bass rod I built for myself that has the same type of lip.

One thing that really caught my eye was how well the shape & angle of the Fuji ASC reel seat was matched & continued thru to the grip where the grip meets the seat on both the "cookie dough" & EVA handles. It really looks SHARP!
Then I noticed that the natural cork handle did not have that same "attention to detail". Also, on the cookie dough and the EVA the edges of all of the grip pieces are smoothly rounded while the natural cork edges remain rather sharp & flat by comparison.

I'm going to speculate or make any assumptions. Just an observation.

Attachments

·
Registered
704 Posts
I like that "cookie dough" one!

Is this one of those things where you have to stare at the picture until you see a lion or something??

I suck at those!

Apparently if you look long enough there's a waterfall in this picture

Still haven't seen the waterfall. Do you have to squint just right or am I doing some thing wrong?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I did go 2 far on natural cork handle but everybody not perfect like u Raymond,no hard feeling's here I thought I'de let u know.Thankx Owend 4 da waterfall.:cool:

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'm far from perfect myself & like I said, my bass rod has the same lip as the Fuji ACS don't fit the CF tubing I used quite perfect. My rod so no biggie but for a client I would have to have them look & feel first.

The only reason I brought it up is you said the natural cork one is for a customer & some clients can be very astute.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My client was k with that,I made sure he was pleased with it.dat 1 there has recoils on it&da eva has micro guides.Cookie dough is mine,I haven't decided wut I'm going with.da client don't like his wrist 2 sit up high.Thankx Fishtoys. :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts