2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling some gear I don't get to use as much as I'd like to. Most boats I fish on nowadays have their own gear, so looking to offload some of mine. Only have set of 80s left.

1. 2x Shimano Tiagra 80w reels on bent butt rods. $2000 for both.
-Reels are spooled with 150# powerpro with 300# swordfish windon.
-Reels have been well used, show some boat rash. Mechanically, not a single issue. Ever. Have been serviced by Shimano a few years ago. These are heavy duty, bulletproof setups.
-Rods are in good shape, boat rash on the butts. These rods were wrapped by Don Savage. High End Calstar blanks.
-Only have pic of single setup, will upload second rod/reel this coming week. Second rod has black wrap instead of green.
-These were used on the corner positions for pulling teasers/big lures and did duty as deep drop setup for swords.

2. 3x Shimano Talica 25II reels on Shimano Tallus rods. $2400 for all 3. (SOLD)
-Reels spooled with 80# jerry brown with 60# mono topshot.
-Reels JUST fully serviced by shimano. Reels show some boat rash, but in good cosmetic shape, and perfect mechanical. Venice capts catch tuna all day on these reels and they stand up to the abuse.
-Rods are all in excellent condition.
-New, these setups are $650 reels & $330 for the rods without line.
-These were used for trolling from the rigger position. Lightweight for standup, smooth drags. Have landed marlin with them.

3. 2x Shimano Talica 16 reels on Shimano Terez rods. $1300 or both. (SOLD)
-Reels spooled with 65# jerry brown with 50# flouro topshot.
-These setups have been lightly used. Slight wear on the reels, but in excellent condition.
-These are great lightweight tackle fishing for blackfin or common yellowfin sizes (40-60#)
-Reels are $550 new and rods are ~$250.
PXL_20210417_193231546.jpg
PXL_20210417_193241698.jpg
PXL_20210417_193312764.jpg
PXL_20210417_193334883.jpg
PXL_20210417_193346325.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Selling some gear I don't get to use as much as I'd like to. Most boats I fish on nowadays have their own gear, so looking to offload some of mine.

1. 2x Shimano Tiagra 80w reels on bent butt rods. $2000 for both.
-Reels are spooled with 150# powerpro with 300# swordfish windon.
-Reels have been well used, show some boat rash. Mechanically, not a single issue. Ever. Have been serviced by Shimano a few years ago. These are heavy duty, bulletproof setups.
-Rods are in good shape, boat rash on the butts. These rods were wrapped by Don Savage. Calstar blanks.
-Only have pic of single setup, will upload second rod/reel this coming week.
-These were used on the corner positions for pulling teasers/big lures and did duty as deep drop setup for swords.

2. 3x Shimano Talica 25II reels on Shimano Tallus rods. $2400 for all 3.
-Reels spooled with 80# jerry brown with 60# mono topshot.
-Reels JUST fully serviced by shimano. Reels show some boat rash, but in good cosmetic shape, and perfect mechanical. Venice capts catch tuna all day on these reels and they stand up to the abuse.
-Rods are all in excellent condition.
-New, these setups are $650 reels & $330 for the rods without line.
-These were used for trolling from the rigger position. Lightweight for standup, smooth drags. Have landed marlin with them.

3. 2x Shimano Talica 16 reels on Shimano Terez rods. $1300 or both.
-Reels spooled with 65# jerry brown with 50# flouro topshot.
-These setups have been lightly used. Slight wear on the reels, but in excellent condition.
-These are great lightweight tackle fishing for blackfin or common yellowfin sizes (40-60#)
-Reels are $550 new and rods are ~$250.
Interested in talica 16 will you part out?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not interested in parting out at this time. Prefer to sell in subsets listed above, but open to offers on rod and reel combos. Depending on how this stuff moves, will settle on parting out at a later date.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts