2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the top gun tournament, out of san leon today and took second place big trout.
35 Four man teams blazed through the bay system today in search of the illusive slam. 5 trout 2 reds and 5 flounder to get the big money. 8000.00, first place payoff if you bought your team. which we did. started casting at 6.02 this morning over shell in 4 feet of water. i was throwing top waters. the rest of the guys throwing croaker lookin for the big stringer. at first light i had a blow up and it hit short so i switched to a brighter color with more rattle and tossed it out again. wham fish on , and a nice one at that it busted top water 3 times and i new it was a trout. first fish 25" trout. well all the comotion that the fish made got the gulls attention and they started dive bombing my topwater every cast making it imposible for me to fish . so i switched to soft plastis and fished for a while and did not get a bite, so back to topwater again and here came the gulls again. **** i am gunna have to use bait and did the carolina rig and stuck on a croaker. the other team members were getting reds to 24 and trout to 23 so i thought it would be nice to catch up with them . 2 more trout 22 and 21 and the bite turned off . time to take a break eat a po boy and sum up the fish. we weighed the 5 bigest trout and 2 biggest reds and the total on our scale was 26.66 lbs. we needed flounder. spent the next 2 hours bottom draggin for flatties and none were to be found. well 7 fish 26 .66 lbs was all we were gunna get so we headed to the weigh in at 2.30 last call was 3.00. the weigh masters scale said 26.21 lbs so we lost a little but heck 7 fish mid summer we will take it. we took 4th place by less than 1/2 ounce and 2nd place by 1/2 lb. if we would have caught 1 flounder at 1 lb we would have 5000.00 big ones in our pocket. first place was 33 lbs. and some change. nice. the good news is that first trout i caught won me 2nd place big trout. 4.O6 LBS LOOSING TO FIRST BY LESS THAN 1/2 LB. 4.51LBS. SSSWWWEEEETTT

RANDALL

Attachments

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet

that old man is me.and that is not grey hair its salty blonde. yes i did use the new one i built with the split grip. broke it in good. that cts tournament blank is sweet. i could feel the bait wiggle lol. it has the best action of any rod i offer and is super lite weight. i put the new metanium xt. on it and wow it is now my new rod.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts