2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We (my inlaws) are looking to buy a second house, on the coast or on a lake. I am trying to talk them into buying somewhere around Matagorda as they just want to be on the water (salt or fresh). Do yall know of any realtors or have any suggestions on where to look.

By the way I live in Bellville and they are in the Woodlands, so somewhere fairly close to either.

thanks

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Just remember that if you buy anywhere on the coast you will have to carry insurance and that will make Shadmans insurance go up. So if you pay cash for the house don't carry insurance and be ready to take a loss if something comes through that will destroy the house.:biggrin:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Argo said:
I would buy a house on the bay personally, Some place not in a big city or heavily taxed area and at least within 15 miles of major gulf access.
That's what I'm looking for, but since my inlaws don't hunt or fish much I'm not sure that Matagorda or some other small town would be real appealing to them. I'll definitely give it a try. I'm afraid the only places nice enough would be Port A or futher south.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts