2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has this idea ever been proposed. Lord knows we have enough fantastic recipes and more come all the time. A 2cool cookbook. Proceeds could go to the site, or any charity or need as they arose. I would buy a few. We could have different chapters, shellfish, fish, wild game, deserts(rum cake), etal.

What do you guys think???

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
I don't cook. But I could use it as a gift for someone! LOL

I know what you're up to! You just want to get Robs' recipe for Rum Cake. :rotfl:

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,076 Posts
I might could come up with a recipe or 2 to contribute. :)

Jeff

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Can't wait to see the dessert section. :) I'd be glad to contribute a couple of family favorites.

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's right, with Mont's permission we could use the sheepshead logo.

We could take volunteers to put together the recipes for a particular chapter. For instance, I could get the recipes for wild game and others could take other chapters. Lots of it would be as simple as going to the recipe forum and copying those down. Especially those that got good feedback. Also, recipes could be solicited and submitted by pm or e-mail.
We could print anecdotes for individual recipes from people like "I got this from my great grandmother and we served it -------" You get the idea. We could also include pictures if the price for printing didn't climb too high. I would be happy with a simple one too.

·
Chest deep in the Blanco River
1,838 Posts
I've seen the 2cool family come together at a moments notice and throw needed benefits together at the drop of a hat (THAT'S one of the things that make this place and each of you so special). IMO proceeds from a cookbook going to help fund this site to make these possible is a wonderful idea.

Just a thought (asprin please.... they always hurt :) )

·
Fishin' 4 Crappie
345 Posts
I did several of these when I had a printing company. The best way I found to do them is 5.5 x 8.5 and do 2 on a letter sized page. I set them up in a publishing program (pagemaker or indesign) and ran them out on a hi resolution digital copier connected to my computer. I then put a Wire-O (double loop wire) bind on them. I used a clear plastic cover over the front and a cardstock back. It made a nice cookbook for not a whole lot of money.

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
:smile: oh man, we've already gotten some GREAT recipes from Goldie (Farmer Jim's better half)......i know of one special cake recipe we MIGHT get Melanie to contribute :dance: , and i know there's one i would request from Scott (wishin4fishin). Scott was in the middle of telling me how to cook a really great flounder casserole, when we heard a noise and looked over to see his brand new rig go airborne out of my boat :eek:

great idea, i would try and contribute, and i know i would buy some!

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,532 Posts
I'd be willing to contribute my famous Hershey Pie in a graham cracker crust recipe. I also have a carne guisada recipe that has been a hit with my family.

Maybe it could be a sticky if it gets rolling. Sounds like fun.

Kelly

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did a couple of these for fundraisers a few years back. If you want, I can pm you the info on the company that helped - it was really easy. It came with a computer program that organized it and everything. PM if I can help - they are a lot of fun to work on.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Fantastic idea! I'd contribute and buy.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Hi Folks,
Dr. Krol would love to contribute several recepies ..I got Grandma's sugar cookies and Grandps's mopping sauce for bar-b-que.... Those have been shared amoung friends
I think this is a really COOL idea.

Would buy some to share around.

Dr. Krol

·
The Duck of Death
2,246 Posts
Badhabits Breakfast
Open Cheerios
Open Beer.
Poor beer on Cheerios.

My Broiled Flounder.
Scale ,gut and head Flounder.
Cut slits on thick side of flounder.
Drizzle with butter. place 3 slice's of Bacon.
Broil at 350 for 30 minutes .
Eat Bacon thow flounder away.

Dave

1 - 20 of 28 Posts