2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There will be a 2Cooler's Fish Fry Cook Off - July 15th at in Jack Brooks Parks in Hitchcock Texas starting at noon. Please note that the location has changed from previous announcement. We have reserved the pavillion at the park for this event. This will be a good opportunity for some of us to put faces with names and swap a few lies. Everyone is welcomed to bring his/her favorite fish recipes and share it with the rest of your 2cooler friends. There will be several fryers available if someone would like to use them. This will be an event for the entire family, we will have horseshoes and a volleyball net set up for those who play. There will also be a live band for entertainment. We are also looking for a panel of judges to taste test and declare a winner of the best fish recipe. Stickem' Rods has donated one of their fine rods for this event which will go to the winner of the cook off. Please contact Zork or myself if you have any questions or suggestions.
Please RSVP so we can have an idea of how many people will be attending.

BYOD (Bring your own drink)

Attachments

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
darn it darn darn it!!! everything is happening while i am out of town! sure with i could show up and show you guys how to cook some flounder!! :D :D

trudy

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Your killing me with that picture of those flounder!! That looks soooo goooood. We have enough Trout to feed an army. We plan on feeding everyone there for free. If you have fish to bring we will have extra cookers there for you to cook up your own recipe. The Stick'em rods team, Troutmanmike, (2 more yet to be determined) will be judging and awarding a Stick'em rod to the best recipe.

Bring your appetite and leave your checkbook at home. I you would like to bring a side dish or whatever that would be great as well.

Putzliner is bringing some offshore fish to cook.....(Thanks Putzliner..your a heck of a guy!)

It kicks off at noon and runs till ???

I'll will have 10 gallon water jugs with water, tea, and gatorade for the kids. There is a playground there to keep the kids happy!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
BTW.....Does anyone have any Redfish halfshells to bring or donate? I don't know what it is but.....I just can't catch them on a regular enough basis to save for the fish fry. I would love to bring my gas grill and cook some halfshells. I'll be trying to catch some...but no promises....

I also plan to cook hot dogs on the grill for the kids that do not eat fish.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Next Time I Go Out I Will Be Sure To Stop At Our 7mile Rig To Get Our 3 Man Limit Of Reds To Half Shell If They Want To Bite.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts