2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I'm trying to help a captain here on 2cool, one of us. His handle is *******, remember the massive ling he posted a few weeks ago. His child 8 mos old is in Tx Childrens Hospital in a ferocious battle with leukemia, and has been there a while. We are setting up a fundraiser auction/banquet to help this man out on Aug 12th at the VFW at 290 and Telge, NW Houston, from 11:00am till 6:00pm.

We need as many 2coolers as possible. Please pm me if you have anything to offer. We were talking about a tourny with maybe triggerfish just to make it a blast. Can we get some blue water help, please.

Alex Parker

·
Registered
746 Posts
I think a triggerfish Tourny is a helluva idea. Kids love catching them and seems appropriate under the circumstances. Why don't you post up what you need?

George Felix

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks George and I got a pm for a new place for you, maybe. Now you mentioned youth tourney now I'm thinking. Would captains, (and by that if you drive a boat your a skipper) be willing to take some kids offshore and you don't have to go far, for a huge trigger or the most poundage of triggers. I guess I need someone in the tournament field to help. Is this a real possibillity. What would be the entry/payout? Calcutta? Can we do this big like a King contest? This will take some help. Can someone ring in with ideas?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
this is a great idea Alex , Eric aka ******* is great people and one H#ll of a fisherman,he and i have discussed on many occasions the hardships of having a child hospitalised for a long time

i had a child in texas childrens many years ago ,and i know what he is going through

if we can figure out a way to fit it in, the Cowboy Way is at your disposal,,give me a call when you get a chance....Mike 979-864-9439

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys I knew I could count on the blue boys to help. When can we do this? I would like to make it a smooth day, no storms. What to charge per boat of fisherman? Calcutta auction? Place to gather, like Bucees?, where? Don't stop now we're on to something here. I got a blessing from the big guy Mont. We gotta boat, we're in. Gas is high but the tears of joy out weigh it.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
$50-100 per angler? adults on boat pay for gas/bait/whatever, with triggerfish, the ride should not be too far.

Maybe have a BBQ for all the fishermen. I would not mind bringing 30-50 lbs of chicken fajitas with me.

I will come with my 6 y/o (2 entries) but without a boat most likely being that far north.

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That cool a lot of us northern guys would like to meet you. This is the perfect way to meet the other end of the phone line. I have not met anyone yet that I would not fish with. Should we try sooner to get the kids while summer break is stil kickin'? You think we can beat James Howell for the trigger bag? LOL J/K.

·
Registered
932 Posts
b4b - mirror the annual point drum tourney in galveston. it was a grand event and the participants had a fantastic time. a dinner followed the day of fishing. there was also a silent and live auction. awards were given at the end.

i think with some time and planning, we could make this event happen. let me know if you need any help. the idea is to get many people / sponsors involved, in an organized manner and it will be a success.

i have a waiding belt combo (new in box) that i would like to donate. let me know where to send it - mark

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes Sponsors! any of you guys that sponsor this site please. We now have food and just got a donation of prizes from a great Tx sporting goods outlet. Would we pay out 25% to the winner 15% second and 10% third? 50/50 or any ideas? Any one know beer distributors? soft drink distributors?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts