Votes: 18 32.7%
  • March 26/27

Votes: 37 67.3%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am waiting on date confirmation of either the Weekend of March 19/20 or March 26/27. This date is possibly negotiable for either/or right at this moment. I will know for sure Next Wednesday, then will be busting butt to put this thing together. With a little hep from my friends I am sure.

The cook off will be this...
http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=233137

We will be cooking Brisket, Pork Spare Ribs, Chicken, Beans and Potato Salad.

The benefit will be for this....
http://www.cbtrf.org/

Please vote for a date, just in case we get a choice.

Ohh... It will be at the Dickinson VFW on Hwy 3. At there pavilion/cook off area. Some Water and Electric will be available.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I'll volunteer my judging services...i judged Jaycee's in sweetwater last year, final chicken and briskett...i had the unfortuante priveledge of judging rattlesnake...won't do that again...unless they offer free beer to me again...then i can't say no...

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Will you have to do all catagories or can will the catagories be seperate.
My wife does an awesome potato salad and I do beans!!!! and whats the entry fees gonna look like.

·
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm working on all the details. I will set everything in stone Next Wednesday.

To participate in all catagories it will cost $100.00 and each team Must enter brisket ($30.00) or at least pay for a brisket entry.

Ohhh and for the morning after (Saturday) we will be having a Bloody Mary Contest..
** Bloody Maries will not require brisket entry... anybody can enter this division..

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
170 Posts
Ohhh and for the morning after (Saturday) we will be having a Bloody Mary Contest..
** Bloody Maries will not require brisket entry... anybody can enter this division..
I'll take one for the team and volunteer to judge this portion.

You're all welcome :tongue:

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Either date works for me. I'm hungry!

And Mont thanks for the sticky.

·
WHO DAT!!
3,242 Posts
Well, it's been over 15 years since my last cook-off. My mind is a little older now, but I distinctly remember that the day after was definitely a Bloody Mary morning.

·
Hunting the Sith...
6,022 Posts
Probably good way to go out and meet alot of fellow 2cooler's.

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
B&P is good for the 26,27 weekend. Team KickAss is good to go. This little piggy won't go wee wee wee all the way home. B&P

·
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am hoping we have a choice in dates, if we do, March 26/27 will be it.

This is the only time that I can have really anything to do with it. Easter is the first weekend of April, then the Handicapped Tourney, then Galv. Co. Rodeo, the list goes on and on...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts