2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads up at the west bound to east bound u-turn lane. HPD has 6 cars under the overpass writing up cars for bad stickers when I stepped out a little while ago.

·
I just love rod threads! No Spam baby
3,776 Posts
SEAT BELTS

They do it alot at gessner and jones and 1960 also.
Be careful, we'd hate to see them chase criminals in one of the worst parts of town.

Actually I am thankful to the Matagorda County sheriff's right now.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't even think about seatbelts. Looked like a drive thru the way they had the cars whipping in & out of there lol.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
They used to heavily run radar on the eastbound feeder between Pinemont and Bingle. It was 35MPH marked but no one did that since there were no intersections or few businesses with exits onto the feeder. They made lots of money!

Then the state (TxDOT) came along and raised the speed limit on the feeder from 35 to 50MPH. Whoa! Not a radar in sight now and been that way since they rasied the speed limit. No increase in wrecks, etc. So, I guess the 35mph was just too low for that road! But, it sure was good for revenue!

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Speed traps were inforce today on the west bound I10 feeder right before Highway 6 again.

Somewhere, a neighborhood is ignored.

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
They used to heavily run radar on the eastbound feeder between Pinemont and Bingle. It was 35MPH marked but no one did that since there were no intersections or few businesses with exits onto the feeder. They made lots of money!

Then the state (TxDOT) came along and raised the speed limit on the feeder from 35 to 50MPH. Whoa! Not a radar in sight now and been that way since they rasied the speed limit. No increase in wrecks, etc. So, I guess the 35mph was just too low for that road! But, it sure was good for revenue!
The city made money off my hubby at that exact area. Exiting off 290 to Bingle, the 35MPH sign was hidden behind the Pinemont sign. He got caught coming off the freeway.
I work at Hollister & Pinemont and the PD is at the U-turn at Hollister every month. When I left work today, there were only 5 PD cars there.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Yesterday afternoon,decided to go have some coffee at Starbuck at Willowbrook mall...stop at the light,i've witness a pd officer run's out in the middle of 1960 ,pointed at a car to pulled over for a citation.That type of traffic stop can be VERY dangerious to everybody.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
Speed traps were inforce today on the west bound I10 feeder right before Highway 6 again.

Somewhere, a neighborhood is ignored.
It seems like they made I 10 bigger so all the different agencies can now use it as their personal revenue stream. All the extra large wasted space shoulders are tailor made for them to spend all day writing tickets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts