2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DID NOT catch this fish nor do i have a picture. but at the dock today a fish on its side came up which was dead fresh dead thought. It was 29 inch's huge girth and 9.5 lbs with half its back gone. Iv never seen a trout that big in my life. It was crazy easily would have won the star tournament. I dont know if it was a prop or shark. But guessing prop since i doubt theres sharks up here. Crazy thought.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
prop?

Might have been a porpoise, they love trout.

Wishin4fishin caught a 26 a few months ago that was tore up from fighting off predators. It was still alove but was not kickin very good.

Z

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Big Trout

Five or Six years ago, we were wading Lighthouse cove in POC and my pop hooked and fought a big trout. Just when he was about to land it, a 6' shark swirlled and took off about 6" of it. When we got back to the house, 3 experience fishemen guessed its' length at 32" to 33" "whole". That was the biggest trout I have ever seen.The part he landed was 26 1/2". I kept it and froze it and was gonna have it mounted like that, but pop passed away a few months later, and it wasn't so funny or important any more.

The neighbor across the street, when he saw us come in the next day, hollered "How are the fish heads bitting today?" LOL

Later
R3F

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.