2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
24Buds, I ran across this while trying to ID a lure. Here's the link if you're interested.
http://www.antiquefishinglures.com/bigbud.htm

Heddon
Big Bud's
The Heddon #9410 bait is a replica of a Budweiser beer can. Jack Davis was the original designer of the Big Bud which first appeared in the 1975 Heddon catalog. Heddon then PRADCO sold hundreds of thousands of these Big Buds since they came out as a promotional item for Anheuser-Busch in 1978.
Through the years the Heddon Big Bud lure went through a few design changes. Shortly after PRADCO acquired Heddon they changed the hardware design and got away from the screw eyes for the hooks and spinner. PRADCO modified the tooling to use figure-8 wire forms like all of their other lures and secured them in place with a post in the part that locks into a socket in the opposite side securing the wire. This was done to make the lure stronger. The Bud's were also sold in several different packages. The early Big Bud's were sold in a Heddon Victor Comptometer Company slide top box then followed by the Heddon Victor Comptometer Green Diamond sealed box. After the Heddon company was sold to Walter Kiddle in 1977 the Big Bud's were sold in the Kiddle Green Diamond box. One year later Heddon was sold again to a group of investors. From 1978 to 1983 or 1984 the Big Bud was sold in the Heddon Green Diamond Blister Pack packaging. After EBSCO purchased Heddon in 1983 the Big Bud's were then sold in the early PRADCO packaging and finally in the 1990's in PRADCO's latest Green card blister packaging.​

They have regular, lite, and of course the 6 pack.​

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
I think I still have one of these. I'll have to look through a couple of old tackle boxes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts