2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my other boat and have cash in had and I am ready to buy a New boat and was wondering what your opinions on a 240 pescador would be from people that have real experience with them. i am looking for a good "all purpose boat" I like to run in 6" to 8" and on calm weather be able to venture out past the jetties a decent way. I noticed the Mosca is 2' shorter and 9" wider and much lighter. However the advantage to a heavy boat is a solid smoother ride. I am going to test drive a Pescador this sunday just wanted to research before had.

Thanks
Patrick

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Patrick,

I ran a 24 Pescador for 6 years and loved it. Its one of the sturdiest boats I've ever been on. It's not a fast boat and if you try to make it go fast you'll get a thrill when the back end gets loose. But at up to 36 mph it's very comfortable and stable. I had clients brag on the ride just about every trip. And when I finally did get ready to sell it, I had the phone rining off the hook.

Thats my 2cents.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I OWN A MARSHALL 226 AND I LOVE IT. I GO OUT PASSED THE FIRST RIGS WITH IT AND IT WILL GET UP IN 6" OF WATER. OUT IN THE BAYS ON A ROUGH DAY I NEVER GET WET!
I just sold my other boat and have cash in had and I am ready to buy a New boat and was wondering what your opinions on a 240 pescador would be from people that have real experience with them. i am looking for a good "all purpose boat" I like to run in 6" to 8" and on calm weather be able to venture out past the jetties a decent way. I noticed the Mosca is 2' shorter and 9" wider and much lighter. However the advantage to a heavy boat is a solid smoother ride. I am going to test drive a Pescador this sunday just wanted to research before had.

Thanks
Patrick

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I've had mine for 11 yrs. now great boats. These boats eat up rough water and i'm not talking chop but big bay white caps seems like the bigger the better. Shallow water and hole shots are unbelievable and don't worry about swapping ends speed and jack plate all the way up causes that and that happens on lots of boats esp. big bow ones. Any othe question let me know.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank those of you that had some contructive opinions and advice it is much appriciated

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Pescador boats are great....No doubt about that.
Although I think that the hull design, as with other boats these days, is dated. As a result you're gonna find boats that run just as shallow and just as smoothe, without the drawback of being a little sluggish when on plane.
I went with the Mosca because I wanted a tunnel, low sides, 9' beam, and had to stay at 22' to fit it in my garage in 'Gorda. But that's before Southshore started building the 22VDR. If my space had been unlimited I'd be in a Southshore 24VDR. 24' long, 9' beam, tunnel or not, and built any way you want it. You need to go ride in one before you buy.

Just my opinion.

·
Banned
896 Posts
New

Pescador boats are great....No doubt about that.
Although I think that the hull design, as with other boats these days, is dated. As a result you're gonna find boats that run just as shallow and just as smoothe, without the drawback of being a little sluggish when on plane.
I went with the Mosca because I wanted a tunnel, low sides, 9' beam, and had to stay at 22' to fit it in my garage in 'Gorda. But that's before Southshore started building the 22VDR. If my space had been unlimited I'd be in a Southshore 24VDR. 24' long, 9' beam, tunnel or not, and built any way you want it. You need to go ride in one before you buy.

haveJust my opinion.

:texasflag

SouthShore is building a NEW 26 VDR presently !

In the VDR Series of Hulls ( with or without tunnels and with wide beams )
currently building a 20VDR 22VDR 24VDR and 23 Stepped VDR

·
wastin' away again in Margaritaville
1,948 Posts
Patrick,

I ran a 24 Pescador for 6 years and loved it. Its one of the sturdiest boats I've ever been on. It's not a fast boat and if you try to make it go fast you'll get a thrill when the back end gets loose. But at up to 36 mph it's very comfortable and stable. I had clients brag on the ride just about every trip. And when I finally did get ready to sell it, I had the phone rining off the hook.

Thats my 2cents.
X2...had one for 4 years and loved it! It's one of the best built boats on the water. Kinda like a Harley, it's built for pleasure, not for speed. One thing though, you have to learn how to drive it. You can't throw it around like a bass boat type hull. BF

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
X2...had one for 4 years and loved it! It's one of the best built boats on the water. Kinda like a Harley, it's built for pleasure, not for speed. One thing though, you have to learn how to drive it. You can't throw it around like a bass boat type hull. BF
I test drove the pescador today and was very impressed with the solid construction of the boat. How ever everyone has talked about swapping end and I will be using the boat past the jetties quite a bit and I am just wondering in all aplications does the boat really get that squirrely or is it just hype.

·
Registered
162 Posts
marshall 226 getting on plane in six inches?

dang, i like to fish shallow, and from the sounds of it i got the wrong boat, my illusion wont float in a true six inches...i guess i should have gotten that marshall boat....

get a ruler out, go to the bay and measure six inches, please

·
2011 Haynie LS 2011 300xs
1,544 Posts
marshall 226 getting on plane in six inches?

dang, i like to fish shallow, and from the sounds of it i got the wrong boat, my illusion wont float in a true six inches...i guess i should have gotten that marshall boat....

get a ruler out, go to the bay and measure six inches, please
Agreed

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It's just hype! Offshore you'll have the trim and jackplate down lower for a good bite they only get that loose feel when trimmed way up and the jack plate all the way up. If you are in shallow water under those conditions just back off on the speed they plane at fairly low speeds. Any more questions feel free to contact me after 11 years i know it like the back of my hand.

·
The POC Experience
2,555 Posts
any flat bottom boat will swap ends, it just happens v tunnels do it easier b/c of the pointed bow bites the water and the stern is flat with little lateral resistance, like others said if you like the boat buy it, just learn what causes it to swap and always wear the kill switch, this is very important because people have been throw from the boat and almost killed by the boat coming back around on them, there have been threads about this. swapping ends is like driving in the rain, you know you can hydroplane, just be careful when you drive, and watch the road for standing water

1 - 19 of 19 Posts