2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trolling motor is 24 volts with the one neg battery lead connected to the other batteries positive. I have a double bank battery charger to charge the batteries. To charge them I disconnect the lead that makes them 24 volts ( described above) and put each battery charger lead on the appropriate post of each battery. Its a pain to keep doing this all the time. Is this necessary? Can I charge them still connected as 24 volts? If so how do you recommend doing this without messing up the battery charger? Thanks

·
Registered
Grem's Guide Service
11,300 Posts
Leave it all connected as normal.
Connect one bank to battery one. Second bank to battery two. Don't need to change up your wiring at all.

·
Registered
357 Posts
As Sgrem said, leave it hooked up and hook up one bank to battery one and the second bank to battery 2. I have a 3 bank and I ran two banks to my trolling motor batteries and the third bank back to my electronics battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
As Sgrem said, leave it hooked up and hook up one bank to battery one and the second bank to battery 2. I have a 3 bank and I ran two banks to my trolling motor batteries and the third bank back to my electronics battery.

Simple

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate it. Wasnt sure if I’d mess up the charger if I kept the batteries hooked together. Much easier this way!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Appreciate it. Wasnt sure if I’d mess up the charger if I kept the batteries hooked together. Much easier this way!
I have three batteries, one 12v for motor and 24v for trolling and a 3 bank charger. All connected as stated above, one bank per battery. No issues at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts