2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Academy yesterday and they are selling All Star Classic Fishing Rods for 24.99. Casting and Spinning. They will be on sale through tomorrow at this price. These rods usually sell for 50+ dollars. Just thought I would pass this on to you guys. :bounce:

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,311 Posts
working and wished i could pick one up. like to have a 7' for a throw down/extra

·
Registered
117 Posts
They also have the H2O Express Mettle reel for $24.99, regularly $49.99. A great reel for the money.

·
<------my fishing buddy
513 Posts
Wow great deal. I remember when I worked at Academy in high school, All Star rods were $100+.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Those were made in the US, I believe. Now they come from China.
The components come from china but they are all assembled right here in Houston. I know I've been to a shop where they have people put them together and then they take it back to the shop for epoxying and final touch up.

Firemn,

Thanks for the heads up I just picked up 10 of them, My Christmas shopping for some friends are DONE :D.

Matt

·
Registered
384 Posts
All Star

Absolutely all All Stars are made in China. I don't think you can go wrong for the price no matter where they are made! The combo for $50 is a great deal in my opinion. I may have to get some of the reels, don't need the rods.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The components come from china but they are all assembled right here in Houston. I know I've been to a shop where they have people put them together and then they take it back to the shop for epoxying and final touch up.

Firemn,

Thanks for the heads up I just picked up 10 of them, My Christmas shopping for some friends are DONE :D.

Matt
yes back in the day those $100.00 allstar rods that were made here in Houston TX were labled , made Houston Tx on the rod blank. These new allstar rods are not labled made in Houston Tx

still a good deal. is the warranty still the same on these rods?
Somebody told me that allstar was actually bought out by shakespere rod co. I do not know if that is true or not

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
yes back in the day those $100.00 allstar rods that were made here in Houston TX were labled , made Houston Tx on the rod blank. These new allstar rods are not labled made in Houston Tx

still a good deal. is the warranty still the same on these rods?
Somebody told me that allstar was actually bought out by shakespere rod co. I do not know if that is true or not
How far back was a all star rod 100 bucks? Just asking bc 18 months ago I was at a house where the people were wrapping eyes on the rods blanks, there must of been over a 1000 rods in the living room of this house, and all star was not the only brand.

Pure fishing Inc owns them and a bunch of others,

http://www.purefishing.com/our-brands/all-star-rods®

Matt

474 Posts
China RODs. same assembly line in china as the tournament choice and those 50 buck castaway roll off of. my uncle works at that factory for 50 cents an hour. Go down to American Rodsmith off 290 and watch your rod get built. thats more fun.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Y'all might want to be sure what you're getting. I bought several of the $20something allstars a couple years ago at Academy, they were all rods which had had ferrules broken and repaired (an employee gave me the heads up). No big deal unless it was the tip and 4 inches of tip are missing. I had to cull through several to get nearly full length rods.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts