2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Iusedtofish
2,893 Posts
grendel used to make them with 30rd clips.. I own one.. its not that accurate, but fun to shoot..

·
Registered
141 Posts
AMT makes an AutoMag in .22 Mag. Don't remember the price but they are probably pricey from AMT

·
Too far from the ocean ...
2,504 Posts
You're right. I missed that part. I will say that I've owned 2 AMT pistols: a .45 Longslide and a .30 Carbine AutoMag 3 and enjoyed them both. Both had fairly negative reviews in the press, but both of mine were excellent.

:)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Yea if I'm not mistaken AMT used to make the smallest 45 acp on the market,it was supposed to be one heck of a pocket pistol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The question made me more than interested so did some research.
AMT was sued out of business and they sat idle for several years, Galena Manufacturing took over and now manufacture the AMTs in Houston under the trademark of High Standard. Still supposed to be as accurate as before and have the same quality. High Standard has been around for a long time.
The last price I saw on the AMT Autoloader in .22WMR and the .17HMR is $695. This is pricey but the merchandise should be 1st class. I had a Ruger Single Six in .17 HMR, it was death on Wyoming prairie dogs. I had a Red Dot scope on it and it was a dandy. The AMT has always been A1.
Just my humble opinion. Probably more information than you really wanted but my interest and curiosity(nosiness) got in gear.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Out of curiosity I went to Guns America .com and saw several .22 WMR AMTs for sale $450-$675. Probably the original AMT manufacture.
Don't know when to quit.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey thanks everyone. I have a Ruger single six with 22 long rifle and 22 WMR cylinders. I used it for trapping a number years ago. I was thinking about getting another semi automatic (I have 9mm Smith and Wesson) in 22 caliber but could not recall ever seeing a 22WMR in automatic. $600 is a little steep for one but if it is first class then maybe. I would like to shoot one first. I was thinking of putting one of those aimpoint scopes on it cause my eyes (trifocles now) do not focus like they use to. Also wanted something the grandson could shoot easy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts