2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im just checking..ive got 85 well/86 mariner...im thinking maybe see if i can sell or just deal with the headache of fixin it up... it runs good and has been a good boat However..ive had some phantom leaks....ive sealed everything i coould but it takes water...i was out recently and the noticed some water..no biggie until the bilge went out......ohhhhh @$%^&...i made it back in....but then checked the bilge and it worked...im not sure if i should just rewire and then redo the hull or what....my running light in the back went out then worked/ then oout........same with livewell....any suggestions ..i dont know if i should sink it or sink money it ................Any suggestions or repair shop that wont stick it to me.......HPD keeps me busy/stressed out.....i gotta fish....

·
Charter Member
5,932 Posts
With the boat sitting in the driveway, you could run a water hose into the bilge for a few minutes (or however long it takes to build up a level in the bilge). Then check all hull fittings and the hull in general, to see if you can spot any water leaking/seeping out.

Edit: I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a broken discharge neck on the livewell fill pump (which is thru the hull and below the water line). It was easy to spot because I had easy access to where it was mounted and I could see water trickling in when the boat was sitting in the water.
Good luck.
Mike

·
Registered
322 Posts
Boat problems

shaka said:
hey im just checking..ive got 85 well/86 mariner...im thinking maybe see if i can sell or just deal with the headache of fixin it up... it runs good and has been a good boat However..ive had some phantom leaks....ive sealed everything i coould but it takes water...i was out recently and the noticed some water..no biggie until the bilge went out......ohhhhh @$%^&...i made it back in....but then checked the bilge and it worked...im not sure if i should just rewire and then redo the hull or what....my running light in the back went out then worked/ then oout........same with livewell....any suggestions ..i dont know if i should sink it or sink money it ................Any suggestions or repair shop that wont stick it to me.......HPD keeps me busy/stressed out.....i gotta fish....
You should have rod racks on the side of the gunnels. Take those off and look at the thru-hull fittings from the tanks and replace them with stainless instead of plastic. Use better hose than the original. One of those sunk (nearly) my boat a couple of years ago. You are probably going to need to change the fuse block on that 21 year old boat and maybe rewire all the pumps. I would run new wire instead of re-doing the old for the wire is deteriorated with age and salt water corrosion.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
much thanks again...

its v20 wellcraft...i really appreciate this website ,ive learned more than i can talk about...im outta houston (live and work)...my boats is 45/almedagenoa.....again everyone is always helpful and thanks..... Sometimes we fish and folks are rude and block up the boat ramp or Sometimes we fish and people get right next to us or cast over us and We get ******....but thank God 4 2coolers....it restores our faith.... Oh yea i forgot...i did seal around all my outter fittings and ive filled the boat with water ,up to the batteries and no leak...not one...im gonna follow TOPpop and change the fuse box and maybe rewire some things/ i wired the running lights myself and havent had any problems until now...the back came on the went off, just like the livewell...im thinking its at the fuse box.......thanks again...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.