2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have recently purchased a 2016 Blue Wave 19stl W/Suzuki 140DF and I was seeing if anyone on here owns a similar model that I can pic their brain. I have a 4 blade 20 degree prop and it just doesn't seem to be running the way I thought it would and have read other places. My cruising speed on it is about 30 MPH at 5,000 RPM with just me and another person and gear. Also it doesn't seem the hole shot is that strong for having a 4-blade on it. I feel the boat should be running closer to 40 at least near 35, what is the safe cruising RPM I should run and what should I except for Top End speed on it? Also I am a first time boat owner so take it easy on me.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Those are tunnel-v boats, so it's akin to driving a suction cup. Top end on my 22' STL with a 200 is 43 with a tail wind. The trade off is that V sure makes the chop navigable. So, you'll never win a hole shot, but you'll have your kidneys in tact and be dry when you get to your spot.

Peace.

·
Registered
2018 Tran cat 220 svt 300 Zuke, Galveston, matty, POC
3 Posts
Fished on a family members. Same hull but had a 135 etec. Think we maxed out at in low 30s, not a bad boat but awfully slow. Spent more time driving to spots than fishing

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Bought a new 2013 Gulf Coast Classic 18ft with a 135 etec and it would run circles around my neighbor's 19BW with that 140 zuke ... top end with just me and a gallon of gas was 42+ and with the lencos it jumped up real quick ... 3 blade prop
Fished on a family members. Same hull but had a 135 etec. Think we maxed out at in low 30s, not a bad boat but awfully slow. Spent more time driving to spots than fishing

·
Registered
1 Posts
Years ago I had a 189 super tunnel with an 150 Evinrude, with a19 pitch 4-blade I might get 34-35 by myself. But my hole shot was different, it had a really good one and would spin up in fairly shallow water. Now at the launch I was usually in everyone's way as it had almost no reverse.
Now my cousin has the exact setup as you, not sure what prop he has but he needs to change it. He does good if he's running 25mph. I've run it and even with trim tabs it's hard to figure out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts