2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Blue Wave 19 STL and I can hear the bildge pump working but I never see any water shooting out. Also at the end of the day I have a ton of water come out of the hull when I open the plugs. I looked and where the bildge is located it is a nightmare to get out so before I remove was looking for advice. Should the bildge be draining the hulls? Should my boat drain gallons when removing plugs? I don't not see where the bildge is connected to those sections? Thanks any advice would help.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you are getting that much water in you got a leak somewhere. Check and make sure the oring is good on the drain plug. You may have an underwater fitting that is leaking too. As for the bilge it could be clogged, the impeller could be broke or maybey a split hose. Fill it up on the trailer with water and turn on the bilge and see what happens. You maybe try and blow air in from the outlet with a compressor.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Sounds like you have two different issues. A leak and a bilge pump not working. Before putting water in the bilge. Fill up your bait well and see if it is leaking into the bilge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all, I did fill the bildge area with water and did get that to work. The boat I have has 4 drain plugs with 4 different hulls, the 2 center ones seam to be connected to the bildge that's where water came out when filling it up. The 2 outer ones seem to not have any access except the plug it self, I checked thr O-Rings and they look good. I went and threw I new layer of caulk around the edge to see if that helps. If it does not I will replace the whole drain plug assembly. My question I guess if anyone knows this boat, on the 2 outer hulls is there any spot that the water gets in them, and is the bildge connected to those, doesn't seem to be?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Do you have a livewell in the boat? The livewell pumps crack sometimes and leak. Remove the strainer at the transom. Take a hose from the exterior and shoot water into the pump from the outside. If there is a crack in the plastic you will see it leak.

·
Registered
528 Posts
As Gofish said check live well pump housing. Had a 99 Bluewave and was getting excessive water in hull. Found housing of cartridge style pump was cracked. Very easy to replace unscrew strainer undo plastic nut should then be able to pull unit up thru portal..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts