2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
here fishie fishie fishie
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
forgive me if this has already been asked.....does anybody have a for sure answer on when red snapper season starts and what the bag limit will be for this year? im trying to plan vacation and cant seem to get a straight answer, i figure if anyone would know, the bluewater group would...thanks yall

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
It probably wont be until june like last year.. so if you want to go get'em the statewater snaps are there. if not its gonna be a while for the fed to open.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Snapper Season

Hi Pudster,

The snapper season for 2010 has not officially been set yet. What I am about to tell you is a little confusing if you do not keep up with what is going on right now with Red Snapper. The snapper season is tentatively set for June 1 - Aug. 14 2010 with a bag limit of two in federal waters. In December the SSC has said that the snapper population is making and has made a strong comeback so the snapper quota will go up for the 2010 season. How much it will go up has not been set by the GC and NMFS yet. However, due to the recreational sector overfishing the quota by over a million lbs. plus, the season will be set accordingly with the overage in the recreational sector and the increase in the quota. So right now it is hard to say exactly when the season will end but it will open on June 1, 2010

·
here fishie fishie fishie
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, might explain why i cant get a straight answer lol, just dont want to take a chance for statewater snaps when i know where to go when going deeper, looking to start this year out right haha, again thanks yall!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts