2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one's on the Guadalupe River, about 10 miles upstream from Canyon Lake. Float trips from 3 hours to 9 hours, kayaks, and rafting too. We will be pulling in that Friday evening and back out Sunday afternoon. I will have my RV at the park, and there's still spots available in camp. http://guadalupecanoe.com/
July is the perfect month for the river, and there's some good fishing early in the mornings, there. We are going to do one more in September. It's hard to beat a weekend on the river for good, clean fun.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Haven't done that since the kids were young, Mont. It was always a lot of fun ... although we camped below the lake. I've heard the northern end is even more beautiful ... and colder!

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You only live once, amigo. Camping with the kids is as good as it gets. The late September trip should be a little closer to Houston. You need to to get busy on that 5th wheel ;)

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,468 Posts
A word of Caution.....watch the river flows....right now we are at 56 cfs inflow into the lake.....and 72 cfs coming out, but they are talking about cutting that flow coming out of the Dam. You will be walking more than floating. Just a word of advice from someone living here

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Mont, Ill be there. BUT, right now they have shut the flow at the dam. Some of the places wont even rent tubes and whatnot, in other places on the river you have to walk to get to more water due to less agua. Ill keep you posted because thoese dates are in the distance. Ill have a report on the Comal tonight, brother just went this weekend.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Mont....Reservations Made!!! We will be there Wed. the 19th...How can we help??? Food...Briskets? Rum Cakes?....La Musica los Pink Floyd???? lol..

I spoke with Ms Cathy at the campgrounds..Very nice Lady!!..Good mannered leash dogs welcome..Restrooms/showers..30/50 amp service..ATVs if ya act right.....Liberal cancellation policy.....but I have faith in having some more water by then....

Working on Reggies custom tube next week!!!! Ultra lite tackle ready to go...
Thanks...chief

Its looking good that our Boys will show up for this one!!!!

Water levels? Don't care anyway...Robs says she will pull me and Reggie down the river if need be.....What a wife!!!!

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
redfish bayrat said:
mont's post says he will be above Canyon lake. Dam should not have any effects.
But it does....Ms Cathy said the water was low but do-able today because of the springs that flow into the river.....

Some walking now depending on how long a trip you take...

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
OH you had to plan it while i am gone on vacation. YOU did it on purpose HUH!!LOL
Yall have a grand time, and have a 2cool time. I want to see pics when we get back from costa rica.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts