2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend is trying to fill spots for the New Years Weekend and the 2 weekends of doe-spike season. These are 3-day hunts and the price is around $200 for all three days. Each weekend will accomodate 8 hunters. Late season hunts have been average to slightly below-average for a kill rate. Still, about 6/8 hunters get at least one deer and 2/8 get more than one.

My group lucked into an earlier date....so we jumped all over that!

The landowner provides a bare-bones cabin with kitchen, feeders, and transportation to-from the blinds. You will, must, gotta have ear plugs to filter the snoring.

PM me or email me at [email protected] for more info and the phone number of the ranch.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
location is Mason Co, about 23 mi North of Fredericksburg on 83. You can see Enchanted Rock from a couple of the blinds.

For the fee you get up to three does and spikes. If you take a 4the, the fee is $50 for each over extra up to filling your tags. Before doe/spike, if you take a buck 3pts or more, the kill fee is $500. I never have seen a trophy, but I have seen some fair 8's and 10's. If you count horns, they are good deer. If you score antlers they are just free-range, Hill Country whitetails.

In the 6 years I've been up there, one exotic has come in. Last year a friend took a blackbuck doe.

There are boxes at most of the spots, but the best return is to pick a well positioned mesquite or rock and sit in a folding chair.

It ain't King Ranch, but for $70/day it's a great escape from Houston.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.