2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Honda 150 VTEC and the flush port seems to be clogged. When I hook a hose up to it, the pressure builds and blows the hose off the motor (the flush hose, not the garden hose). I have tried blowing compressed air, I've tried delicately to run a piece of wire in it (didn't get more than 8"or so, and I've also left it unscrewed while running it on ears and no water came out. Anybody have any other ideas? The motor was used with 90 hours on it. Runs perfect otherwise. No overheating issues. I changed the oil, water pump and gear oil when I bought it...plugs too. This is the only thing not working and it irks me to not know why. Mechanics have said it's clogged with salt and corrosion, but I don't think 120 psi air would be stopped by some salt deposits. IDEAS????

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Same motor

I have the same motor on my boat, it is 2.5 years old with 700+hrs on it. If your motor is an 05 it likely is still in warranty. Mine has 2.5 years left on the warranty, some had a 5 year warranty, and if it was a noncurrent motor when it was sold, yours might still have a warranty. That motor is bomb proof. It pumps water like no motor I've ever seen in extreme situations. Are you saying the hose on the flush or the pisser. I'm suprised you are not getting an alarm from the pisser not working. My motor will alarm if it gets clogged. I take a solid wire leader like you would use for kingfish and run it up there until the water starts to flow. Sometimes it needs to go farther than 8 inches. If that doesn't fix it, call clark at coastal marine in rockport, he or his brother bart will prolly be able to help. They are both great guys and even better mechanics. Their number is 3617292100.

chuck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will give them a call. The hose that I'm referring to is the fresh water flush hose; the one you screw your water hose to so that you can flush the motor without rabbit ears and starting it up. I guess you haven't had issues with that?
Otherwise my motor pumps water very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts