2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I noticed that my truck started getting very bad diesel mileage and it's running a little sluggish. I don't have an engine light on but I decided to use my Superchips Tunner Programmer to check for errors and 2 came up.

1. CODE: P1175 - CAM CTRL
2. P1125 - Throttle POS Sensor A Intermintent

Any help would be appreciated. I heard rumors of a recall on cam position sensors. I went to the Ford website and typed in my VIN # and it says there is a recall for SPEED CONTROL SYSTEM MOD. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
SPonge

·
archTech
8,739 Posts
Your truck more than likely needs two recalls done, unless the previous owner already did the cam positioning sensor...it also needs the speed control wiring harness done. Both take about 5 minutes to do...I spent all day taking ours in for each when done. It sounds like you either have a cam position sensor or a throttle pedal sensor going south...either way get it fixed quick so it doesn't leave you stranded!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your truck more than likely needs two recalls done, unless the previous owner already did the cam positioning sensor...it also needs the speed control wiring harness done. Both take about 5 minutes to do...I spent all day taking ours in for each when done. It sounds like you either have a cam position sensor or a throttle pedal sensor going south...either way get it fixed quick so it doesn't leave you stranded!
Thanks for the info Bwguardian! I really appreciate it. I believe I also have a short. The other day my truck stalled on me. It didn't turn off but all the gauges stopped working and when I would push the gas the rpm's would not respond. First I thought the serpentine belt busted but that wasn't it. I then started checking fuses and one of them was an ignition switch that was blown. After replacing the 10amp fuse everything started working fine. Then it happened a few days later again. Strange. Hope they can fix this also without costing me too much $$$. :)

·
**Follow me to certain death**
1,015 Posts
Need to find a better tester, or one that can run on board tests. Would be good to see cylinder contribuion test. Could be an injector issues, or abad valve cover injector wiring clip.

Would start with the cam postion sensor. Its easy to change out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
More than likely it is your gear selector lever wires shorted. The wire for the O/D cancel is rubbed through. It will cause your gauges to not work. To test you can put the truck in gear and go up and down with the tilt wheel and it will short out again. It is real easy to fix. The part is not too expensive and takes about 20 min. to do. it will save you a bunch of money doing it yourself. As far as your fuel mileage how big a drop have you seen. What about your air and fuel filter are they clean. maybe try diesel from another store could be some bad fuel. need more info

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.