2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
I woke up to ice all over my truck the last 2 days... It's in the 20's but no wind so I'm not even wearing a jacket..

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Thats why I live here instead of there.

·
Registered
10,397 Posts
-7 in fraser, co

today is our first full day back in texas. we attended a festive new year's celebration in fraser, co. where they had fireworks, hot chocolate, marshmellows, etc. we left earlly friday morning, but on our way back to the lodge at 10 pm thursday, the temperature was -7. i don't know what the wind chill was, but that was the coldest i had ever been in.

i found out 2 things though: texas is still #1 in firework displays (never any doubt!) and i would rather see snow once a decade than drive in crushed snow up and down mountain. on our long jouney back to the airport, sometimes the roadway coming down the mountain was so bad you could not see the edge or the roadway. we only had previous tire tracks to follow as we rounded corners at 10000 ft. we saw 2 accidents. being the cautious dad, i averaged 30 mph in a 55 and made it safely.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Hang in there 2007 you'll hopefully get a new assignment soon. :)
I have a nephew and his family make the move to Minot last year for a new job. They were down for Christmas enjoying this 'balmy' weather and just returned to Minot this week. Way too cold for my old bones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts