2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help,

i need to identify the mfg. for a black nylon 2 way valve that directs flow to the wash down pump or to the bait tank.

it has a thru bulkead stem and the valve is inside the gunnel and screws to an
inspection plate. Handle is on the outside of the plate.

it has 3 barbed stems around 1/2" if i recall. 1 in , 2 outlets.

it is not the common stuff that jabsco or west marine or bass pro carries.

i saw the same valve on a buddies seacat leaning post that does the same thing as mine.

oh, by the way Century says that they never installed it that way, even though it's in their &%^%$^ brochure picture.

no numbers or markings on valve at all.

·
Reel Gambler
3,761 Posts
The Glaicer Bays use a similar type valve on their raw/live well. It's behind a cover unlike yours, but they may be able to direct you to the company they get theirs from.

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you both whole lot, you'r on the right track,

looking for the exact valve, so i don't have to redrill and make it look reel purdy................afraid it's out of prod. though..........

·
Dreamchaser
153 Posts
I've been thinking about how to re-plumb my washdown once I put in a freshwater pump so that the washdown can run off raw or fresh water. My idea is to use electric solenoid pilot valves. You could do the same thing and never have to manually turn the valve by using these electrical pilot solenoids. Just make sure you have a strainer on the inlet side and then an electric solenoid pilot valve for the bait well and washdown. You would have to install another switch to choose washdown or bait well and each switch would drive a solenoid and the same pump. The switches would have to be double pole, single throw. This is more complicated but also more convenient.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts