2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Farmboy
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my Son, and nephew down to PINS this weekend and was thinking about renting a Kayak in Corpus. Is there any place that is not too far off the interstate? What is the going rate for Kayak rental? Also, how in the heck do I keep my ice from melting so fast in my coolers. One of my ice chests holds about 12 bags, and last time we went, the ice in it had pretty much melted in a single day. I have heard about partially burying the ice chest in the sand, but we don't set up camp until around sundown and are constantly moving otherwise. Would block ice help? Thanks in advance, Jeff.

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
Go with the 5 day cooler. Keep it in the shade of the car as often as possbile. Never drain the cold water out. As for burrying a cooler - my experience tells my it does not keep it colder any longer than keeping it in the shade. It will, however, get full of sand and make a mess of everything inside the cooler.

·
Gulf Coast *******
216 Posts
Get a better cooler.....My igloo marine 90 quart lasts three days minimum on the hottest days. Make sure it has a great seal all the way around. The chests with the quick hatch aren't really worth it. You lose alot of cold air through it and you end up lifting the lid to the whole chest to see whats inside anyways.

Yes, wind and wave rents kayaks. They are not cheap. You should just buy one. Trust me it will be a good investment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts